Author Topic: WTB: Used DC power supply (AUS)  (Read 1128 times)

Offline 002Topic starter

WTB: Used DC power supply (AUS)
« on: May 31, 2021, 02:38:08 am »
Hi all,
I am looking to purchase a DC power supply and prefer to buy used than some new "wun hung lo" (as Dave says) brand on eBay.
If you have one that you don't use and are willing to ship to regional QLD, please let me know. Doesn't have to be anything fancy - 0-30V ~3A will be more than enough for what I'm messing around with, I think.
Budget ~250-300 AUD.
Cheers!

Offline de_light

• Regular Contributor
Re: WTB: Used DC power supply (AUS)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 06:32:59 am »
Wavecom PS-3005D
Aus dealer with warranty

I have one and it is solid.
130 bucks delivered.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 08:48:29 am »
For that sort of $ you could also consider the Manson NP-9615 0-30V 5A Linear with a couple of lower current outputs on the front too. eBay auction: #334003732248 or Radio Parts have them too among others https://www.radioparts.com.au/product/33771611/np9615g-5amp-0-30v-dc-power-supply-digital-bench-top-dark-grey-digital-bench-top-dark-grey

Important here they are NOT mainland Chinese and way better than a lot of the swill. I have had a 0-15V 60A SMPS and a dual channel 30V Linear of theirs for lots of years of use.

EDIT: Just looked at the evilbay link again and I have a 20% evilbay discount for it?? Might be ebayplus or  :-// worth a look.... $200 AUD is seriously a good deal.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:52:47 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline 002Topic starter

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 10:43:37 am »
Thanks gents - Manson happens to be the brand that was at the top of my list if I had to buy new, so I may just pull the trigger on that one.

Offline wasyoungonce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 04:50:06 am »
Well what would matter is if the PSU was Linear or switchmode.

The Manson appears linear due to size and specs but it doesn't say.   The wavecom is unit is linear

FWIW...depends upon your needs.
I'd forget my Head if it wasn't screwed on!

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 05:14:31 am »
Well what would matter is if the PSU was Linear or switchmode.

The Manson appears linear due to size and specs but it doesn't say.   The wavecom is unit is linear

FWIW...depends upon your needs.

Manson make both SMPS and Linear. The one linked to is a Linear supply. My 60A Manson is SPMS and about 20mV under load ripple my other linear is at most a few mV.

I have no problem with powering most stuff from an SMPS of 'reasonable quality' but some of the utter garbage on the market currently should give anyone pause before buying. So yes it can matter a lot.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline wasyoungonce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 08:49:10 am »
. So yes it can matter a lot.

Yep, that's why I raised it...
I'd forget my Head if it wasn't screwed on!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf