Author Topic: FOUND Originals installations cd's of W98SE, W2k, Win ME, English  (Read 908 times)

Offline coromonadalixTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Title says it all,  sounds desesperate in a sense with oldies like this

English version of theses originals cd's

It for a very stubborn 7404 Tek scope,   and pls  I dont want to pay for the "vintage stuff" ripp off

I can find many DELL ones for mere dollars,  but i want Microsoft ones

If some have them dormant ?? COA no COA keys too

thks
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 07:20:21 pm by coromonadalix »

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
Re: WTB WTF Originals installations cd's of W98SE, W2k, Win ME, English
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 03:10:51 pm »
I might have an original ISO image of Windows 2000 Professional.
But you want the real original CD in your hands?
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 03:24:38 pm »
yes  thks 

real non burned cd's   in my hands

I have all the iso's that world can provide  loll   this #$#%#  is rejecting them all, and now even  blank cd-r are getting scarce unlees you pay $$$ for a bundle of 50

I lost countless hours on this scope,  but i know it work,  the age has took its toll on the nvram cell, mobo battery cell, the hdd seem on the verge of dying

windows 95, as worked 5 min in it .. but no way to install drivers, since the usb port brivers would not install, and can not upgrade to win98 since i dont have them  loll

and since i tried at least 10 different brands of slim drives cd and dvd, cd-rw dvd-rw ....   no one worked in the motherboard as a slave device (original TEK setup), all will work in master, but not the drive ??  even with the master / slave / cable select jumper and obviously the bios settings too

That's why i think  the Scope is HW limitted/crippled

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 04:14:08 pm »
If that is the case, then the original Microsoft CD will probably also not work. Most likely Tek had a modified installation CD only for their applications.

Your best bet is probably an image from a working HDD from that scope type.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline iJoseph2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 04:42:22 pm »
I know you said no ISO's but i'm going to put these links here just in case its useful to someone ...

https://archive.org/details/win2kproiso
https://archive.org/details/WSTRO_V25-V281

In your case you may need to create a slipstreamed ISO with the appropriate files included.
Or you may need a specific service pack image.

Anyway good luck!!

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline iJoseph2

• Regular Contributor

Online dew

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 05:02:36 pm »
It would be so much easier to deploy a working image straight to the disk. If Tek had recovery disks, they most likely were proprietary slipstreamed images, not original MS ISOs. It might not even be possible to install OS without one of those. That scope has IDE drive, I'm assuming. You can also use SD to IDE adapter instead of the old drive. It would run much faster.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 05:08:11 pm by dew »

Offline nali

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 05:30:01 pm »
windows 95, as worked 5 min in it .. but no way to install drivers, since the usb port brivers would not install, and can not upgrade to win98 since i dont have them  loll

Note that the original Win 95 didn't support USB, that came with a later update (OSR 2.1). It might be easiest getting hold of a junk PC just to put the drives in to boot & install an OS or Tek image if you can find one.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2023, 05:54:44 pm »
Agree that there may be unique differences in the install for your equipment compared with the general one sold to PC users.  Keysight warns about this with an old VNA I bought. 

Anytime I work on old test equipment, the first thing I do is image the drive.  Then I copy it to a second drive that I work off.  The original is stored away for just in case.  Of the last five systems I worked on, three were updated to use SSDs.

I used to subscribe to the Microsoft Developer's Network.  Maybe you could find an old set from the 2005 or so that would have all the media you want. 

Online magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2023, 06:24:39 pm »
I have a pirate W98 which installs even from an HDD - I just boot a DOS floppy, chdir to the installer directory and run setup.exe or whatever it's called.

Genuine may (or may not) work this way too if you copy setup files from CD to disk. I think it can be the same disk you are installing to, but not sure if can be the same partition.

If there is no floppy drive, make the hard disk bootable with MS-DOS.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 06:27:11 pm by magic »

The following users thanked this post: Someone

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2023, 12:58:54 am »
thks @ll    yes  i know about iso's  etc ... or ide to CF or ide SSD's   etc ...

i just wanted to find original medias,  while i wait for other tech to arrive, i did received a few things in PM, and sadly there is still an vintage effect pricing for dormant stuff

i'm very limitted in 2.5" ide drives, and dont want to invest more ..

For the bootables ones, yes i know the trick,   i made win95 win 98 ... bootables cd-rom  ... they helped me a lot on oldies,   but not this one  loll

win2k ask for 4-5 disquettes to load before starting the install,  but complaint a lot for the disk size, and i put a 60 gigs and parameters are being changed ...  you have setup commands, but for disk size it still get block/stuck

« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 01:03:00 am by coromonadalix »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2023, 07:20:03 pm »
all found from a generous donnor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf