Author Topic: WTB (EU): Arduino Uno Kit  (Read 2594 times)

Offline TheAmmoniacalTopic starter

• Supporter
WTB (EU): Arduino Uno Kit
« on: September 07, 2015, 03:49:45 pm »
Anyone have a basic genuine Arduino Uno kit at a reasonable price? The board + box + cables + breadboard and some shields/LCD (simple stepper motor, sensors)?

Just the Uno alone would be okay too!

My university is offering a short course on the Arduino, thought I'd try! Could be fun.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:08:23 pm by TheAmmoniacal »

Offline mubes

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
Re: WTB (EU): Arduino Uno Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 04:02:20 pm »
Even the definition of 'Genuine' Arduino is a bit open to debate just recently  :-DD

If you're willing to compromise your ideals and go for a 'pattern' kit then places like Banggood, Aliexpress and MiniInTheBox have them for around 30 EUR which even have LCDs, steppers, servos and the other bits and pieces in them, http://www.banggood.com/Arduino-Compatible-UNO-R3-Starter-Kit-Set-For-Step-Motor-1602-LCD-p-89735.html is an example...(not a reccomendation!)  The Uno boards in those kits often even say "Made in Italy" on them....but I doubt it.

They also make great Christmas presents for potentially geeky sons, daughters, nieces and nephews....but you're honour bound to introduce them to 'proper' microcontrollers when they grow up <FX>Flameproof Trousers On</FX>. :box:

DAVE

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 04:07:30 pm »
I did hear about the controversy between the Arduino founders - don't care that much where my money goes though - as long as the course instructors feel comfortable giving support to my board. And having confidence that it's acting the way it should etc.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 04:21:31 pm »
I bought this one for EUR 10,99, free shipping within Europe. Works with my little projects, no problems so far. But not a genuine Arduino, it says "compatible Arduino".
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline mubes

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 06:14:35 pm »
I did hear about the controversy between the Arduino founders - don't care that much where my money goes though - as long as the course instructors feel comfortable giving support to my board. And having confidence that it's acting the way it should etc.

I wouldn't worry _too_ much about that...there's so little on an Uno board they'd have to work pretty hard to screw it up.  Arduino generic copies are virtually free in the Far East it seems.  The one I've got here looks close enough that a casual eye would consider it genuine.

DAVE

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 07:39:20 pm »
I bought the zero from this shop http://store-usa.arduino.cc/collections/products-atheart
And it came in a few days, surprisingly fast shipping

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 08:12:25 pm »
I bought the zero from this shop http://store-usa.arduino.cc/collections/products-atheart
And it came in a few days, surprisingly fast shipping

I need it on Wednesday, send me one!

That store gives me: "We do not ship to this destination." :/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:14:03 pm by TheAmmoniacal »

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 09:10:53 pm »
That store gives me: "We do not ship to this destination." :/

Crap, have they changed shipping policy now?, that's bad.. the Italy shop is totally useless.. :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf