Author Topic: 10 years of PhotonicInduction!  (Read 2252 times)

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
10 years of PhotonicInduction!
« on: March 31, 2021, 04:58:07 am »
Was one of the craziest electronic youtube channels. Unfortunately he doesn't post anymore, seems to have a melt down over the UK gov. not letting his indian wife come to the country, and seems to have lost a bit of his mind.

But back in the day when I had a full time career running my own brick and mortar business plus e business you tube was a treat where I got to indulge in  mikeselectricstuff, eevblog, vwestlife, and photonic induction. This thread is a tribute to "I popped it "

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9OJE9OpXui-gRsnWjSrlA
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: 10 years of PhotonicInduction!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 05:21:09 am »
You are a bit behind the times....

There was an internet troll who threw out a story that Andy had passed - but that was pure crap.

Those things you mentioned have moved into history and he is in a much better headspace .... that is, if we can overlook his battle with his computer.  It is this battle that (last we heard) was the main cause for his lack of presence on the internet.

Have a read of this thread for more information..... starting from reply #42 which shows him alive and well!
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/photonicinduction-passed-away-(unconfirmed)/msg2159500/#msg2159500

The following users thanked this post: I wanted a rude username

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 07:23:42 am »
Yes, you are way behind the times.
I posted some photos of Andy very happy with his wife at his home.
He has plenty of content shot but had enless computers problems so couldn't edit it.

Just got an email from him, he has a new computer and is ready to edit those videos.

The following users thanked this post: artag, pardo-bsso, Brumby, sandalcandal, duckduck

Offline Mickster

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 11:59:23 pm »
Just watched his 2 new videos and he's back to blowing stuff up!

EDIT: Gives thanks to Dave in the first one.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 12:22:21 am »
I never understood the appeal of his videos, he's mostly just blowing things up. Any idiot can do that, the skill is in putting things together. Always struck me as a bit of an idiot really.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 12:42:02 am »
I never understood the appeal of his videos, he's mostly just blowing things up. Any idiot can do that, the skill is in putting things together. Always struck me as a bit of an idiot really.

To be fair he's not buying all of his equipment at best buy.

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 01:46:18 am »

The key, I think, is blowing thing up without blowing one's self up. He's no idiot.
iratus parum formica

Offline AntiProtonBoy

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 02:04:32 am »
He's a bit too rough around the edges for ya, ey?

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 06:47:29 am »
Perhaps worse than an idiot is a smart person who wastes their intelligence appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 07:39:02 am »

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2021, 07:52:32 am »
What's wrong with blowing things up. Mythbusters did it. Gomez Adams blew trains up. Electroboom is always zapping things and himself a lot of the time. So what if Photonicinduction has created a channel where electricity is harnessed and released for amusement.

It's all in good fun and if it attracts an audience good on him. I don't watch it myself but I watched someone cutting and baling hay over the last three days with a tractor he rebuilt. I'm not going to sneer at them. Some of the stuff I watch on YT I'm not going to admit to here.

If I'm any guide most channels on YT are subscribed to because viewers connect with the presenter. Whether it is Fran Blanche, Diodegonewild or Bigclive or any of several dozen others if what they do interests me and they entertain me that's all I want. Hell, during lockdown last year I did some jigsaw puzzles and started watching Karen Puzzles on YT. Now there's a niche interest. But she really puts the work in and I respect all content creators who can do that.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 08:04:06 am »
Working with high voltages and high currents in a lot of what he does is actually very informative.  The fact he has some fun with it is just a bonus.

If you don't like his material, then don't watch.  Like any decent Youtuber, I'm pretty confident he wouldn't be at all fazed.

Offline AntiProtonBoy

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 08:18:58 am »
Perhaps worse than an idiot is a smart person who wastes their intelligence appealing to the lowest common denominator.

I'm not sure you are in the position to stipulate what is being wasted here. He spends his time in whatever manner makes him happy. Meanwhile, he shares his time with an audience who might also appreciate his content. Whether you like (or dislike) his content is your prerogative, of course. However you don't have to be a killjoy and start denigrating him about it.

Offline Dunckx

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 09:39:48 pm »
I am sooooo glad Andy is back.  Just seen him letting the magic smoke out of a 5000A fuse and had the first good larf I've had in weeks.  Last thing I'd heard about his channel was via the old tcbouk email list in October last year.

He and I share an appreciation of snowflakes, antisocial media and the Home Office.

Good on ya mate :-+
"God help us, we're in the hands of engineers." - Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2021, 05:11:41 pm »
I wonder what his wife thinks of his antics inside the house? If I did some of that stuff my wife would kill me.
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2021, 05:57:11 pm »
Idiot not perse but breaking stuff just to break stuff is something cave-people do.

I really like this Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3eSiX_rjJk2jg5EJSBcqBw This guy is always making new things and doing restaurations related to cars, motor bikes and tanks. Yes, he tries to break stuff every now and then as well but he does things like putting sirup in an engine instead of oil, drives around until the car stops and then does a thourough post-mortem analysis by taking most of the engine apart.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 06:09:50 pm »
First one of his videos I have seen, and was actually impressed by the workmanship and attention to safety.  While spectacular he obviously understands what he is doing and has appropriate respect for the issues.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf