Author Topic: Change the font of all designators and parameters  (Read 28215 times)

Offline owieccTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Google scholar profile
Change the font of all designators and parameters
« on: October 16, 2013, 02:30:03 pm »
I'd like to change the font of all strings on a schematic. I try doing that by right clicking on component designator, choosing find similar components and selecting:

Kind: any
Font: same

At that point all strings are selected and I try to change the font in SCH inspector. Unfortunately only one string changes (the one I right clicked). Is there any other way to do what I want?

My Altium version is 13.2.5 build 28368.

Offline toohec

• Contributor
Re: Change the font of all designators and parameters
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:02:32 am »
In the 'Find Similar Objects' dialog box, do you have the 'select matching' option checked?  You might have only the 'mask matching' option checked which will give the appearance that all the similar objects are selected, when they actually are not.  I typically leave the zoom matching, select matching, clear existing, and mask matching options checked.

You can also verify how many objects are selected in the SCH inspector after you run the find similar objects query.  At the bottom of the SCH inspector, it will display the number of objects selected, and the number of documents that objects are selected on.  If it only shows one object selected at the bottom, then go back and verify your Find Similar Objects settings.

Offline AlfBaz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:08:07 am »
type IsText in the pcb filter then go for broke in the PCB inspector

Offline AlfBaz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 02:09:54 am »
oops, you said schematic :palm:

Offline owieccTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Google scholar profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 08:54:03 am »
In the 'Find Similar Objects' dialog box, do you have the 'select matching' option checked?

Thanks, that was it.

Just to add. It you want to have a single font for all strings in a schematic you need to change also the document default font Design > Document Options > Change System Font.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf