Author Topic: Part ID  (Read 2052 times)

Offline RedNeckEngineerTopic starter

• Contributor
Part ID
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:26:54 pm »
Hey guys, I just bought a few SMD parts from Newark. They came in a nice a labeled anti static package with MFR #'s and a description on it. I took out the parts and the numbers and letters aren't even close to matching.   If I got them missed up somehow or Newark accidentally mislabeled and sent the wrong part. Is there a way to ID the part? The part is labeled ADS1115IDGST  on the package. The part it self has 11BOG1 on the top and 11BWL3F on the bottom.  Thanks, Red

Offline baljemmett

• Supporter
Re: Part ID
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 05:01:13 pm »
The TI page for the part lists, if you click through to the 'specific part marking lookup', a top-side marking of BOGI -- the preceding '11' appears to be a January 2011 date code.  So sounds like they're the right part -- frequently the markings on smaller packages bear little, if any, similarity to the actual part number.

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 05:50:36 pm »
I see like most of the SOT23 packages i have, have labellings match the last 4 numbers and digits in the part name
Like a Zener i have that is MMBZ5221BLT1G is only written as 1BL  :P
Search the number you got on the package on farnell and see if it turns up

Offline RedNeckEngineerTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 06:42:12 pm »
Thanks for the help. Its seems there should be a way to link the real part number and the one the on the package, some kind of Nomenclature.  If there isn't, I can see why, It would make it a lot harder to reverse engineer a finished product not know exactly whats in there.  I guess you better trust your supplier, because if they mess up it's going to suck really bad.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf