Author Topic: Roger Boisjoly - Sacrificed Career To Try To Stop Shuttle Launch - Dead At 73  (Read 2013 times)

Offline SgtRockTopic starter

• Supporter
Greetings EEVBees:

--Please see below for a link to the LA Times article about the Brave Engineer, Roger Boisjoly, who tried to stop the launch of the Space Shuttle Challenger. Boisjoly and Allan J. McDonald both had their careers demolished by Mission Control and the despicable, cowardly, murderous suits at NASA, who would survive to murder yet another 7 astronauts.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-roger-boisjoly-20120207,0,2248999.story

--You Engineers out there, read it and weep, one of the best of you has passed. If not for these brave Engineers and Richard Feynman, we never would have known what happened.

--Now that they have no Shuttle, they will have to lay off killing astronauts for a while and settle for discovering life on Mars every year. I love NAS its the A I have a problem with.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."
Richard Feynman 1918 1988

Best Regards
Clear Ether

Offline slateraptor

• Frequent Contributor
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."
Richard Feynman 1918 1988

I recall your Feynman quote from his Appendix F of the Challenger report. Coincidentally, I actually wrote a few thousand words focusing on this document for a paper on professional ethics. Needless to say, the ethics course did more to piss me off (and I made it very evident in the tone of my prose) than instill whatever sense of fabricated integrity that it was suppose to. I kept getting this feeling that the professor was pushing some preconceived doomsayer agenda, viz. engineers are the root of man-made catastrophic disasters...and yet the main cases that we studied--in particular, Challenger and Firestone; PGP encryption and other topics were discussed, but that's another story--were by and large a consequence of bureaucracy gone afoul and business related decisions, not engineering.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf