Author Topic: "genius mad scientist EE" trope  (Read 8918 times)

Offline nuhamind2

• Regular Contributor
Re: "genius mad scientist EE" trope
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 01:37:05 am »
When my relative know I'm enrolled in EE at kind of favorit uni in my country, they praise me. When they ask me why their cirucit breaker always tripping and I said "I don't know" they are like " don't they teach that". I feel like being smart and dumb at the same time.

Offline Anquietas

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 02:13:53 am »

One of my big pet peeves as a former math student is inexactness and excessive generalization. Given that, I feel secure in saying there is absolutely zero chance that he is not kidding.
I would be inclined to agree, had I not met many a student of STEM subjects myself who neglected their bodily hygiene in rather gross ways. There are quite a few students at my faculty, both male and female, who seem to not have running water or fresh clothing at their home.

Offline smashedProtonTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 03:17:03 am »
That sounds terrible!  Haven't they ever learned that they Will be treated like an ass if they smell like
One?
http://www.garrettbaldwin.com/

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 03:18:19 am »
If they're anything like the ones I've met, it doesn't matter, because they only interact over the computer, which does not yet transmit odors.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline westfw

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 06:39:41 am »
inclusive to others who may enter electronics, not make me sound like a smartass, is relatively accurate (i dont want to lie by saying "i build computers").
Modesty is good.  "I'm trying to learn how to build computers" might work pretty well.  It's an understandable goal, even for people who have different goals.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf