Author Topic: They Chant, They Fly, They Even Speak With The Dead 0o  (Read 2876 times)

Offline SionynTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
They Chant, They Fly, They Even Speak With The Dead 0o
« on: January 05, 2013, 01:16:01 pm »
eecs guy

Offline Alana

• Frequent Contributor
Re: They Chant, They Fly, They Even Speak With The Dead 0o
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:38:24 pm »
Movie is ridiculous, so are most "magic users", especially those who try using only mystical powers without thinking logically.

But if you try to think outside the box for a moment, think of your mind as a powerfull biological computer you may get interesting results. Personality becomes OS, subconsciousness - OS kernel, nerves in rest of your body - something like /dev in linux, mental sickness - corrupted files or computer virus, possesion - hacker brake in.
And we do know what skilled technician or even so called power user can do with his or her computer... optimizing, tweaking, fixing bugs and errors...

Offline bullet308

• Frequent Contributor
  • Jack of All Trades, Master of None Related to EE
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »
There was a time when Stossel did worthwhile work as a consumer reporter for (US) ABC news...but those years are long past...
>>>BULLET>>>

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:47:33 pm »

But if you try to think outside the box for a moment, think of your mind as a powerfull biological computer you may get interesting results. Personality becomes OS, subconsciousness - OS kernel, nerves in rest of your body - something like /dev in linux, mental sickness - corrupted files or computer virus, possesion - hacker brake in.
And we do know what skilled technician or even so called power user can do with his or her computer... optimizing, tweaking, fixing bugs and errors...

Thought I was the only person that thought like, trouble is in this day and age unless you go round lying to yourself and putting on an act no one likes you.

Offline Alana

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:19:53 pm »
Thought I was the only person that thought like, trouble is in this day and age unless you go round lying to yourself and putting on an act no one likes you.
Been there, seen that, nowdays its "they may not like me, but they must respect me". Either due to who i am or because of what i can do to them.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 09:00:38 pm »

You can even cure (or create) illnesses and physical reactions (see the placebo effect and homoeopathy for example).
And see and speak with ghosts or a god, or a devil, or Elvis. All imaginary of course, but it's real to the person imagining it.
Or be 100% confident you heard three gun shots as a witness when there was in fact only one. Which is what makes most eyewitness testimony next to useless.

Dave.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 09:50:32 pm »
Elvis is not dead, he just went home... according to agent K...
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf