Author Topic: A/C Current & Circuit Breakers  (Read 8017 times)

Offline daveykTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: A/C Current & Circuit Breakers
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 07:56:48 pm »
Square D, QO breakers only fit in Square D breaker panels that are designed to use them.  There should be a sticker on your panel that tells you what breakers are compatible.  If not, you might want to take your old breaker to Lowes to match up with a replacement that will fit your specific breaker panel.
You may also want to clean the contact area between the breaker and the panel bus bar with some fine ScotchBrite and probably use some anti oxide coating on the joint like Noalox or Oxguard (should be available at Lowes).
This might also be a good time to make sure all connections in your breaker panel are in good shape. If you have aluminum entrance wire that is connected with setscrew connectors, the aluminum deforms over time from it being soft and thermal cycling leading to loose connections.

It's a Square D 200 amp panel not the Square D Homeline. On Lowe's web site, they don't appear to have the HM type but I'll have to look in person. There may be a Granger in State College about 40 mins away if necessary. I can see if they have them.  I bought a replacement A/C unit. Between that and the breaker, the problem Shaw be solved. I will bring to bad one down to the shop. Our other Fridadair 220v a/c unit was three years old when the blower fan start up cap melted (literally) in to a pile of mush. Maybe this one will need start up caps too, along with some control board repair replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf