Author Topic: adifruit discount offers? ds1054z  (Read 4690 times)

Offline biffm17Topic starter

adifruit discount offers? ds1054z
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »
Hey all of you out here on this wonderful forum, i have been pondering with a question for a while now... Are there any discount  offers for the adifruit web site? I was looking to pick up one of those Rigol ds1054's and i think that they are cjarging a lil too much versus other retailers. I do have the discount for tequipmment , but dont want to open yet another account. Any help would be appreciated ! Thank you all and Happy New Year!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:44:04 pm by biffm17 »
Field fabrication at it's best... trying to keep it working any way I can.

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
Re: adifruit discount offers? ds1054z
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:54:20 pm »
You can get a good price from Tequipment. Works out ~$380 with eevblog discount. PM a member on the thread (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/special-price-for-eevblog-members/) to get the code.

I wouldn't buy a scope from Adafruit/Sparkfun/etc to be honest because they're overpriced.

Online edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 11:09:11 pm »
You can get a good price from Tequipment. Works out ~$380 with eevblog discount. PM a member on the thread (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/special-price-for-eevblog-members/) to get the code.

Or instead of bothering a forum member (other than tequipment obviously), just get the code from Tequipment chat...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:10:40 pm by edavid »

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 02:16:01 pm »
Hey all of you out here on this wonderful forum, i have been pondering with a question for a while now... Are there any discount  offers for the adifruit web site? I was looking to pick up one of those Rigol ds1054's and i think that they are cjarging a lil too much versus other retailers. I do have the discount for tequipmment , but dont want to open yet another account. Any help would be appreciated ! Thank you all and Happy New Year!
PM Sent.

Offline biffm17Topic starter

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 09:09:00 am »
I have the tequipmment code already, but they are out of stock for over a month out! Looking for alternative places to purchase  from reputable dealers. Thanks and hope to get my hands on one soon! :-BROKE
Field fabrication at it's best... trying to keep it working any way I can.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 09:26:30 am »
When they ran out before so did everyone else in North America. Demand is high.

Offline ConKbot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 12:53:42 pm »

Or instead of bothering a forum member, just get the code from Tequipment...
I wouldn't call it bothering...
http://www.tequipment.net/vice-president-biography/
As Vice President he manages many roles within the company from overseeing business operations, marketing, software development and sales.

He's doing his job, and presumably on the clock while doing it too. 

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 09:37:24 pm »
I have the tequipmment code already, but they are out of stock for over a month out! Looking for alternative places to purchase  from reputable dealers. Thanks and hope to get my hands on one soon! :-BROKE
Sorry about that.  :-[

As mentioned by pickle9000, the demand for these are high right now. So much so, it seems TEquipment is about selling out of units before they're even delivered to them by Rigol. AFAIK, everyone that's gotten one, has had to wait for delivery. Wait times aren't too bad though (order date to my door was 12 days to give you an idea; figure worst case *might* be ~ 4 weeks, but can't recall anyone waiting that long).

So it seems you either pay the extra ~$74 at Adafruit if you want one in the time it takes to deliver it to you ($449, w/ free shipping over $200), or save money and wait a bit.

Offline JoeO

• Frequent Contributor
  • I admit to being deplorable
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 10:01:37 pm »
Sorry about that.  :-[

As mentioned by pickle9000, the demand for these are high right now. So much so, it seems TEquipment is about selling out of units before they're even delivered to them by Rigol. AFAIK, everyone that's gotten one, has had to wait for delivery. Wait times aren't too bad though (order date to my door was 12 days to give you an idea; figure worst case *might* be ~ 4 weeks, but can't recall anyone waiting that long).
Or just wait until Wednesday at 8PM EST and you can use the 10% discount code and it would only be about $404 bucks. 
So it seems you either pay the extra ~$74 at Adafruit if you want one in the time it takes to deliver it to you ($449, w/ free shipping over $200), or save money and wait a bit.
The day Al Gore was born there were 7,000 polar bears on Earth.
Today, only 26,000 remain.

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 05:56:45 pm »
I have a few hundred left from my shipment that leaves in 12 days.

Thanks
Evan
TEquipment.NET

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf