Author Topic: Agilent Black Friday Oscilloscope Offer  (Read 41223 times)

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Agilent Black Friday Oscilloscope Offer
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2011, 05:04:36 am »
I guess now its getting trickier to navigate in this forum without bumping on these fluffers crap oot posts, its time to update the ignore list again.  :(

Offline hacklordsniper

• Frequent Contributor
  • Don't turn it on, take it apart!
    • HackLordSniper
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2011, 08:37:47 am »
Is this becoming the Kiriakos Trutanfaly or whatever his name is hate forum and does most of the topics need to become a war against him? At first i had nothing against him but now im going to ignore him too to avoid reading this in every topic
Oh, the joy of sending various electronics to silicon heaven

Uncle Vernon

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 11:34:39 am »
you must admit that in this thread, Uncle Vernon has been positive (in his own cute way) towards Kiriakos:
I'll call a spade a spade and a dickhead a dickhead!
I was complimentary about the Agilent meter review because I though it was well done,  well researched and offered a perspective different from the usual bench bound engineer's one.  I'll continue to bouquet things I see as valuable and equally I'll continue to deride post whoring and ego pandering, and pathetic self promotion.

Any complaints can be directed to someonewhocares@acma.gov.au

Offline AgilentScopesTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2011, 10:08:04 pm »
Epilogue:

I got a chance to exchange a few messages with the first winner.  He's a student at Texas A&M, and .  I couldn't have been more pleased that he won.

I also asked him about scripts.  He said he thought about it, but didn't see a way since it wasn't obvious how we were going to post (we did try to mix things up to make it hard to seed a script).  His winning process was:
  • Set an alarm at midnight and every 10 minutes afterward to look for the announcement
  • Practice buying a few items on eBay to get used to the click pattern
  • Hit F5 every second until the auction popped.

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2011, 10:50:07 pm »
Welcome back @AgilentScopes  :)

After the 2011 EDN China Innovation Awards, the Winner haves also another reason to brag for it.  ;)

Offline AgilentScopesTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2011, 03:47:12 pm »

After the 2011 EDN China Innovation Awards, the Winner haves also another reason to brag for it.  ;)

Thanks, Mr. Triantafyllou.  It won against a pretty heavy-hitting lineup of products from our competitors.  If it was a different year, several of them could have won. 

All marketing weaselry aside, it's the most impressive product I've been associated with in 20 years as an engineer.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2011, 04:29:58 pm »
  • Set an alarm at midnight and every 10 minutes afterward to look for the announcement
  • Practice buying a few items on eBay to get used to the click pattern
  • Hit F5 every second until the auction popped.
  • a very good "fiberglass" internet connection.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2011, 04:51:32 pm »

Thanks, Mr. Triantafyllou.  It won against a pretty heavy-hitting lineup of products from our competitors.  If it was a different year, several of them could have won. 

All marketing weaselry aside, it's the most impressive product I've been associated with in 20 years as an engineer.

Personally I am at the stage of noob about using oscilloscopes, but as a modern industrial electrician, I have start to feel the need to explore the world of portable ones.

I have feel all ready the need to have a basic portable oscilloscope so to verify on site, the behavior of those DC/AC inverters, who had become a widespread equipment, in every setup about solar energy production.
In Greece there is a major interest about solar energy production, due the fact that we do have lots of sun.
And the new reality will be, that our needs for portable oscilloscopes will grow very shortly. 

Offline altech6983

« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2011, 06:19:02 am »
I figured I would stop in and give step four how it really is as I forgot to tell Agilent that detail.

4) Live in the country next to a town with a population of under 6k in Texas and have 6Mbit DSL.
5) A lot of luck.

BTW I'm the winner that did the above video.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:23:08 am by altech6983 »

Offline _Sin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2011, 01:06:26 pm »
I figured I would stop in and give step four how it really is as I forgot to tell Agilent that detail.

4) Live in the country next to a town with a population of under 6k in Texas and have 6Mbit DSL.
5) A lot of luck.

BTW I'm the winner that did the above video.

Congratulations! That's quite some bit of kit...
Programmer with a soldering iron - fear me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf