Author Topic: aliexpress Payment failed Reason System error  (Read 34197 times)

Offline lordvader88Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
aliexpress Payment failed Reason System error
« on: February 27, 2018, 12:04:23 am »
I'm in Canada, I just joined aliexpress last week and today tried to order with my visa debt card, and it says
Payment failed
Reason System error

I have my address on there, phone#(does it need to be verified ??), security Q's, I turned off adblocker, noscript, ghostry,

And still have that error. Tired 2-3 times in a row, then hours later same thing. I never had any emails saying something went wrong, or someone/thing tried to access my account and failed.

I'm assuming its supposed to be basically instant confirmation.

Any idea's? What am I missing ???? I hope this is something simple, and that my visa/debt works for this, otherwise back to ebay.

Reminds me of trying to use my visa/debt for stuff in 2010 or whatever when it was new and sites didn't recognize my visa/debt.

edit: I tried with 2nd option, not an exclusive visa/mastercard
and this time it loaded something and asked visa or my bank, and it came back payment failed.

I suspect its my CIBC visa/debt card is still a piece of garbage and mot all places can accept it like a 'real' visa card.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:32:32 am by lordvader88 »

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
Re: aliexpress Payment failed Reason System error
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 12:06:34 am »
If it's a one-off error, I'd say the link to their merchant is down. Give it a little bit and try it again.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 12:40:33 am »
I don't think so

I read something about buying gift cards/aliE balance ?  I'll try again to find that on their page, but I don't expect it to work either if its the same payment options.

I can't even find how to contact them, seems dodgy

Help says
Please take below steps to resolve the problem:
Step 1. Check the card type

Accept (?)

Not Accept(×)

Maestro Card

Business Card

MasterCard

Pre-paid Card

Visa Card

Gift Card

Step 2. Check 3-D Secure Code
When make payment on AliExpress, you must have an activated 3-D Secure Code (Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code) in order to use your credit card. You may contact your bank to confirm it.

Step 3. Contact service team
Please click here to contact payment service team with error message you received. Their online service is available 24 hours everyday.
"
is Check 3-D Secure Code the 3 digit # on the card? or wasn't that call ccv # or something ????

Do I have to resister with some online visa thing for "3-D Secure Code" ?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:50:09 am by lordvader88 »

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 01:01:53 am »
is Check 3-D Secure Code the 3 digit # on the card? or wasn't that call ccv # or something ????

CVV/CVC is the 3 or 4 digit code on the back of your card.

3-D Secure is another name for "Verified by Visa". Not all banks use it though.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 01:11:29 am »
I'd start by talking to your bank that issued the debit card to you. It's their computers that have to authorize the transaction before it will go through. Fair odds it's their end that's failing to authorize as well, and they should be able to tell you why. As a fraud prevention tool, unusual purchases or purchasing patterns may get declined by default if you haven't pre-authorized them.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 11:25:07 am »
Well this is March 2019 and I'm trying to buy from Aliexpress again, and again my CIBC visa-debt card doesn't work. I don't have a real credit card. How else can I pay ?

I tried LCSC electronics site, and then ran into trouble setting up a Fedex account. But that means I have to pay a lot of shipping tho. And ebay doesn't have these mosfets.

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 09:01:01 pm »
Well this is March 2019 and I'm trying to buy from Aliexpress again, and again my CIBC visa-debt card doesn't work. I don't have a real credit card. How else can I pay ?

I tried LCSC electronics site, and then ran into trouble setting up a Fedex account. But that means I have to pay a lot of shipping tho. And ebay doesn't have these mosfets.

Get a real credit card or a prepaid credit card. I started using Koho a lot, its nice as you get an alert on your phone as soon as the payment goes through or is denied. Can PM me for referral ($20), or maybe I can help you pay somehow.
But its not unusual to see payment issues with ali, sometimes just need to wait a few minutes and retry or use another card.

I don't recall having to setup a fedex account for lcsc, or are you saying you want them to use your fedex account? Their shipping is high as its overnight only. Maybe check digikey for the mosfet.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 09:10:39 pm »
Make sure the phone number you gave to Ali matches the phone number to which your card is registered.  That was the reason for my transaction to fail, though Ali does not tell you that. My bank's helpdesk agent gave me that hint and once i matched the phone numbers the transaction went through.
Edit: I used a prepaid MasterCard, would probably be an equivalent to your Visa Debit.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:13:25 pm by Bud »
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 01:05:13 am »
I ran into the same problem once on AliExpress, can't remember how I worked out of it though.
Just in case you could consider checking your computer's date/time settings are right, deleting cookies.

AliExpress accept money transfer services like PayPal (I wouldn't recommend them though) and others that may allow you to use your not quite proper credit card to pay on AliExpress.

But, the main question is: Do you really want fake MOSFETs that badly?

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 01:39:43 pm »
I looking for AP9990GH mosfets to replace some from a computer PSU, seems no one really sells them besides 2 sites so far. Are they real or not, no idea.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 02:00:26 pm »
Get a real credit card or a prepaid credit card
There is not such thing as "prepaid credit card". Prepaid and credit are mutually exclusive. It's either credit or debit (prepaid) card. For online purchases there is no difference.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 02:39:29 pm »
I looking for AP9990GH mosfets to replace some from a computer PSU, seems no one really sells them besides 2 sites so far. Are they real or not, no idea.

In that case I'd be looking for cheap equivalents that are readily available.

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 03:29:39 pm »
A few days ago I bought something on Aliexpress.
Oddly on my primary browser (Firefox) the payment was always failing. Doing the same through Chrome instead worked just fine.
Not sure if it was due to the browser or (more likely) because I have tighter adblock settings on FF.

Offline harnon

• Regular Contributor
  • Is this thing on?
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 01:33:34 pm »
Just came across this, I had to run Chrome in "In Private" mode which disables all the blockers before it would accept payment.

Offline Back2Volts

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 01:53:01 pm »
A few weeks back I run into a consistent problem trying to order from eBay a single item from a vendor.   It was failing on the trip to Paypal with something like client reference missing or something like that.   It looked like a broken API handshake.    I tried for a couple of days to no avail.   

Then I switched from Firefox to Internet Explorer and the transaction went through as it should.   

Hard to know what the issue was.

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 09:29:06 am »
maybe the problem is the browser rejecting 3rd party/off-site cookies.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf