Author Topic: Another ground breaking, earth shattering philosophical random statement.  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Peter TaylorTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Pete's Electronic Workshop
A new definition of our number line.

In classic education, our number line is defined as a line that extends infinitely from minus infinity to plus infinity.

Within this line, a section is divided infinitely, to give another number line that extends infinitely from minus infinity to plus infinity.

Within this line, a section is further divided infinitely, to give another number line that extends infinitely from minus infinity to plus infinity, and so on.

This serves no purpose except to define nothing with nothing.

A number line should only represent integer values, since values that have no exact value, such as root two or pi, can only ever be given an approximate value represented by integer numbers.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 07:22:04 am by Peter Taylor »

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
We get it, you've got access to GPT-3. Funny. You can go away now.
Alex

Online voltsandjolts

• Supporter
Thanks to ataradov's reply I actually learned something interesting from this utterly pointless thread (which should be deleted).
I'd never heard of GPT-3.

The following users thanked this post: daqq, mathsquid, tooki, MK14, rstofer, 2N3055, Jacon, eugene

Online magic

• Super Contributor
We get it, you've got access to GPT-3. Funny. You can go away now.
I'm not convinced that GPT-3 would get far in mathematics.

BTW, to all the others who also didn't get the point, OP is basically ranting that irrational numbers are too hard for him :P

The solution, of course, is to learn maths.

Offline eugene

• Frequent Contributor
Yes, and as seems to be his style when he doesn't understand something, instead of saying "help me understand" he says "this is bullshit and wrong. I must be a genius because I'm the first person to notice that it's wrong."

Pretty much impossible to have a meaningful dialog with a person like that. There's another regular poster that I won't name, but he's convinced he's discovered the truth behind electrical conductivity where every single person up to now, even genuinely brilliant scientists that devoted their entire adult life to the subject, have all gotten it wrong until him.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 05:56:57 pm by eugene »
90% of quoted statistics are fictional

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Oh another one of these wastes of time!

The following users thanked this post: tom66, edavid, hexreader, Cyberdragon, tooki, newbrain, MK14, bd139

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf