Author Topic: Anyone here ever take apart the 360 kinect? I need help.  (Read 843 times)

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
Anyone here ever take apart the 360 kinect? I need help.
« on: December 14, 2014, 12:02:21 am »
Hey all, wile taking apart the Kinect, I opened up the gearbox section in the base, and 3 things fell out, a small brass ring, a larger brass wheel with one raised section and a translucent white round plastic piece the same size as the brass wheel.

The problem is I can't tell where they were, and no teardowns show where they belong. Maybe someone here can tell me? It seems to work fine without them though I can't power it up yet.

That or if you know of a teardown where they take the gearbox apart showing the internals? The ifixit teardown shows everything but these and does not mention them.

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
Re: Anyone here ever take apart the 360 kinect? I need help.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 12:13:00 am »
Well I can't find any info in it, I can make a guess at where it goes but that's it. Since they kind of popped out I'm guessing they were over the spring on one of the gears. Going to be a pain to get back together though. Some versions that I saw teardowns of don't have it so maybe it was just added later on for some reason.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf