Author Topic: Anyone here know of barrister global networks?  (Read 4188 times)

Offline XOIIOTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Anyone here know of barrister global networks?
« on: August 08, 2014, 07:21:06 pm »
Hey all, got two, possibly 3 calls (one was just a guy going "hello" as if he didn't know it was a voicemail, the other two with the same story, about looking for a tech with experience installing cat 5 cables) from barrister global networks, never heard of em, called me out of the blue, though a family member may have put my name in, I will have to check.

Has anyone here ever heard of them? Are they reputable?

edit: alright, family member didn't do it, so they must have gotten my number through the ad i have on kijiji for computer work.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:25:35 pm by XOIIO »

Offline nitro2k01

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Anyone here know of barrister global networks?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 09:37:10 pm »
No idea about that company, but someone calling you and pretending like they're talking to a voicemail sounds like a known scam. They call you and do that, and when you return the call, you're actually calling a premium rate number and may be losing $10 per minute. No idea if that's what actually happened in this case, of course.
Whoa! How the hell did Dave know that Bob is my uncle? Amazing!

Offline XOIIOTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 12:05:58 am »
No idea about that company, but someone calling you and pretending like they're talking to a voicemail sounds like a known scam. They call you and do that, and when you return the call, you're actually calling a premium rate number and may be losing $10 per minute. No idea if that's what actually happened in this case, of course.

No, he left a voicemail going "hello? Hello?". Guess he didn't know it was a voicemail, somehow  :-//

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 12:15:03 am »
In Canada no phone number on call display by solicitor indicates a shady caller. Answer once and get 10 calls the next week.

I always google an unknown number before callback.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 01:44:32 am »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 02:09:03 am »
Run like hell, and don't look back.

Barrister Global Services Network: Complaints and Reviews

LOL at the worker there stating they do not background check technicians at all. So the people showing up might not be qualified at all.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 02:33:47 am »
Run like hell, and don't look back.

Barrister Global Services Network: Complaints and Reviews

LOL at the worker there stating they do not background check technicians at all. So the people showing up might not be qualified at all.
Well, what do you expect to be the results when a company won't pay at all, let alone wages to obtain good talent?  ;)

The unfortunate part in all of this, is it's both good techs and the customers that suffer, not Barrister.

Offline Skimask

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 04:30:05 am »
B.G.S. - quite possibly the biggest potential ripoff artists on the planet.
I'm a contract tech.  Usually get a call from these clowns every few weeks.  Somehow every few weeks they seem to forget that I tell them not to call me anymore.
Did a few jobs for them a few years ago.  Low pay, long hold times, like pulling teeth to get any travel pay out of them (or any other expense).  I played that game for the first 2 jobs.  Gave up on the 3rd job and just took the hit for a couple hours of work.
Haven't played their games since.
I didn't take it apart.
I turned it on.

The only stupid question is, well, most of them...

Save a fuse...Blow an electrician.

Offline Tinkerer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 03:27:44 pm »
B.G.S. - quite possibly the biggest potential ripoff artists on the planet.
I'm a contract tech.  Usually get a call from these clowns every few weeks.  Somehow every few weeks they seem to forget that I tell them not to call me anymore.
Did a few jobs for them a few years ago.  Low pay, long hold times, like pulling teeth to get any travel pay out of them (or any other expense).  I played that game for the first 2 jobs.  Gave up on the 3rd job and just took the hit for a couple hours of work.
Haven't played their games since.
You might be able to sue them if they call you after you have told them not to. What they are doing could be considered solicitation and if you can document that you have told them not to call you and they still do it, thats good for an easy bit of money.

Offline Skimask

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 06:01:44 pm »
You might be able to sue them if they call you after you have told them not to. What they are doing could be considered solicitation and if you can document that you have told them not to call you and they still do it, thats good for an easy bit of money.
Maybe...but..."just in case" everything else dries up, I'm not going to 'burn any bridges' and keep halfway on their good side as a backup to the backup to the spare of the backup to the copy of the backup.
Unlikely...but...
I didn't take it apart.
I turned it on.

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 08:51:06 pm »
When they call ever so often, wouldn't this be good opportunities to remind them that they still owe you money?
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline Skimask

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 04:05:44 am »
Ya, generally I'd agree 100%, if not more.
This particular job was ~2 years ago, only spent about 20 minutes onsite, back end tech support answered right away, problem got resolved quickly (for a change), site was on my way home from another job, etc.
So, ya, I spent half an hour at a site, company spent $xxx to a national company to dispatch me to the site at probably $xxx / 4.
On the upside, I'm handling that end-user's hardware now.  They're saving money.  I get there within a couple hours.  I get a decent check from them every couple of months.
And Barrister's "Non-Compete" clause in the contract is long gone.
I win.
I didn't take it apart.
I turned it on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf