Author Topic: Why do seller on Aliexpress editout or hide Brand marking IC?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline RoadRunnerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I have been searching for few old NRND parts on AliExpress, I have noticed not just for one part but previously as well Sellers have photo of IC with part number and other details but either edit out Company logo For example if it is a analog device part they will just mask analog device logo.
One more thing I noticed that in whole item description they only write part number but not the company name. For example they will never write Analog devices ADxx but instead just ADxx

After being hit my self, The only reason I can think of is to avoid any claim by the buyer that received part is not genuine "Analog Device ADxx". They can always claim back it ADxx , not Analog device ADxx
Does any body knows specific reason?

Online magic

• Super Contributor
Re: Why do seller on Aliexpress editout or hide Brand marking IC?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 07:46:12 am »
I opened a "counterfeit item" dispute on Ali two or three times. Most of them went through, but most recently Ali didn't acknowledge my claim "because no branding was displayed by the seller" and changed it to "item not as described" since I listed a few specs that the fake chip didn't meet.

Make of it whatever you want, but I'm pretty sure that statistics are collected on disputes and that successful counterfeit claims are something that the sellers and AliExpress themselves particularly don't want to have on their record. :-//

I could probably contact support and try to argue that the chip itself was branded, but meh, I took the money and went away.

More like to circumvent automated censorship. Say, if ADI wants Ali not to sell fake parts (and they can enforce that since Ali is traded in US stock market so US laws apply to it), they will use image recognition algorithm to censor listings with ADI logo unless the store is whitelisted.
Not sure if that would be legal, but these days little would surprise me coming from 'murrica :P
That being said, they have been blurring those logos for a few years. Not sure if I started using Ali shortly before or shortly after The Donald took office.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 07:53:00 am by magic »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf