Author Topic: Anyone member of radiomuseum.org ?  (Read 8845 times)

Offline Roman

Anyone member of radiomuseum.org ?
« on: September 18, 2013, 09:56:32 am »
Like the title says, is anyone a member there?

I would like to get the schematics for my Telewatt HiFi Mischverstärker E 60 but membership costs 25$, and 25$ for 5 pictures seems a bit much to me.

Online dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
Re: Anyone member of radiomuseum.org ?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:31:00 am »
Your not going to find anyone here to steal it for you. 

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 11:07:36 am »
Unless radiomuseum own the copyright (fairly unlikely in the case of old service data), I don't see a problem with this request.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Online dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 11:16:20 am »
I don't see a problem with this request.

It's against their TOS I'd imagine.  Not that It really bothers me much it's still a one post guy, too cheap to spend $20, just hoping he can scam somebody into sending it to him, then off he goes.

Kinda like if I were to sign up, copy their website to my own, and offer it for free.

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:19:10 am »
They don't own the copyright on the schematics either...

But try fiddling with "protect-path.cfm" and its parameters. I got a few 404s and some files, the rest is up to you ;)

P.S. if the Chinese wanted schematics for that device, they'd be able to get them for sure.

alm

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 03:49:50 pm »
They may very well have the rights to that particular scan, even though they don't own the schematic.

Offline ElectroIrradiator

• Frequent Contributor
  • More analog than digital.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 08:30:10 pm »

Yep.

I would like to get the schematics for my Telewatt HiFi Mischverstärker E 60 but membership costs 25$, and 25$ for 5 pictures seems a bit much to me.

Did you pause to consider, that the sole reason radiomuseum.org has that particular schematic, is that the members have invested huge amounts of time and other resources to scan an absolutely gargantuan number of classic schematics? Radiomuseum.org is not a web shop, but a community, the resources of which is what you gain access to for your $25.

Offline rexxar

• Frequent Contributor
    • Forever Tinkering
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 01:29:39 am »

Did you pause to consider, that the sole reason radiomuseum.org has that particular schematic, is that the members have invested huge amounts of time and other resources to scan an absolutely gargantuan number of classic schematics? Radiomuseum.org is not a web shop, but a community, the resources of which is what you gain access to for your $25.

It's not as if $25 is an entirely unreasonable price for a single schematic, either. And you get a whole hell of a lot more than just one schematic for your money, too. :-//

Offline jh15

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 04:20:34 am »
I joined last Spring (I think I was a member long ago when it was free, I think but expired).
I had to jump big hoops to Submit some diagrams for old Grundig radios they didn't have, but I learned a lot:

They make you learn to make a very high res, corrected, sized, contrasted, and lastly a really small filesize Using the freely available Irfanview photo editing tools.
The small file size is contrary to how you can really zoom in without pixelation.

The one-time 25.00 gives you a limited download quota, but watch out! Just poking around the schematic on the page eats your quota when you enlarge it. Be sure to just download it, then see if it is correct.

They give a high ratio of downloads for your contribution. That can be a schematic, (worth many points), or just a picture of your unit, under chassis views, etc. even if someone was before you with a pix of your model.

Tek 575 curve trcr top shape, Tek 535, Tek 465. Tek 545 Hickok clone, Tesla Model S,  Ohio Scientific c24P SBC, c-64's from club days, Giant electric bicycle, Rigol stuff, Heathkit AR-15's. Heathkit ET- 3400a trainer&interface. Starlink pizza.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 05:55:50 am »

Well, thanks for letting me know it exists. Fascinating site.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 11:25:49 am »
I've registered on quite a few "upload to download" sites before, and would've gladly done so here and uploaded a bunch of schematics (downloaded from somewhere else of course :D) to get what OP wanted if it weren't for requiring personal info, and this most backwards method of registration:
We will in any case send you the code by postal service to the address you enter on the online form
But as they say, those who aren't very good with computers, aren't good with their security either ;)

Online Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 11:45:51 am »
I tried to join last year. I offered a number of service manuals and schematics that they do not have and that are not available elsewhere on the internet  (I purchased them at great cost).

the membership process was so anal that I ended up calling it a day and not bothering to jump through all the hoops they set before me. I was trying to be helpful to them. Life is too short !

They chased me for a while to complete the process but I got a bad feeling about the whole set up so never responded. The Boat Anchor archive, and the like, are more deserving of my time so I gave them the documents instead.
Cogito, ergo sum

Offline szoftveres

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 09:31:20 pm »
I'd recommend elektrotanya.com
They let anyone to download a limited number of manuals (5/day) without having to join. If you join and start uploading, you'll get more downloads. No payments or weird member approval process.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 10:14:40 pm »
I think I came across them some years ago when searching for some manuals for an old Sony 80's tuner but I found it somewhere else after searching.
I didn't seem to trust them and spent some time searching for it from free sources.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:17:37 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline @rt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2019, 01:44:10 am »
I wonder if they’ll happily accept your photos and schematics, while a the same time charging yourself and others to download them.
If you can’t “buy in” with information they don’t have, I’d certainly endorse having a member grab something on someone else’s behalf.

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 08:50:07 pm »

Do those $25 go to the people who invest huge amounts of time and other resources to scan this absolutely gargantuan number of classic schematics?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:55:10 pm by bsfeechannel »

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 11:08:15 am »
Please be aware you re reading and responding to a six year-old thread.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 02:32:40 am »
Mine is a six year old question.

I never understood the logic behind the restrictions imposed by the radiomuseum.org. If someone else took the trouble to scan old schematics, do I need to comply just to show appreciation?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:48:05 am by bsfeechannel »

Offline Whales

• Super Contributor
    • Halestrom
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 05:04:30 am »
I'm not sure about why they operate in a closed fashion either.  I was once considering trying to join, but the idea of giving them my private phone number and sending money to their Swiss bank accounts made me feel very uneasy. 

The best reason I have been able to find is regarding spam:
To prevent inappropriate pictures and activities from spreading over the site, only registered members can upload pictures and administrators have to accept before being visible.

This doesn't, however, explain why read access requires membership.  Feels dodgy.

Information should be shared freely, not paywalled. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:08:34 am by Whales »

The following users thanked this post: amyk

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 05:37:18 am »
If anything, it's a site that deserves to get hacked wide open and everything ripped/shared/uploaded elsewhere... but those who could probably do it aren't interested. "Old radios" is such a narrow niche.

You might be able to social-engineer your way in, but once again those who have the skill don't have the interest.

The following users thanked this post: chrisl

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf