Author Topic: Australia data encryption law  (Read 10413 times)

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
Re: Australia data encryption law
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 08:34:00 am »
Right. I forget you don't have morals or feelings of your own, only a need for success.

If the people are happy, why not? Chinese people are just by nature competitive.
A competitive environment with good reward system is what we want.

Make your own life better by your hard work. No matter for whom.
I don't care if I work for USA making nukes against China, or I work for China recreating Soviet Union.
If I get my own life better and I take care of my own business, I'm all good.

Any other Chinese people follow this type of sellout SELFISH BS that borders on fifth column/treason activity??  :--

If you do, it can get ugly in Australia once the friendly non racist locals wise up and decide to look after numero uno

just sayin...   :popcorn:

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 09:44:20 am »

Probably stop buying product dumps from China and get it from another country/nation that's less brainwashed and racist.

If we all had and or clung to that attitude that you sport, life would soon turn to sh!t for everyone everywhere.

Tell your controllers to go F themselves and move on to a better life mate   :-+

Without people like you supporting them, they can hit the streets and beg for food,
as non working class and shifty scammers eventually resort to.

They are just using you by making you feel important, superior and convincing you that's how life works

Been there, that's how their bank accounts and pockets 'work',
while they throw you a back pat and bone
and or discard you when a younger aggressive new blood comes crawling in to fill your shoes

you get shown the NLR door, and the silly cycle repeats...  :palm: :palm:

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 09:16:56 am »
And there is a reason why Chinese government has a political hatred towards the west. It simply makes many things simple for the top rich people.
Imagine, if China is friendly to the west, then China will have a harmonized international policing and auditing system.
Then that means the top rich Chinese people can't conceal their wealth in a western bank, and a wealthy Chinese people living abroad can't conceal their income in China vise versa.
China is safer than Swiss banks in certain degree, and those rich people with access to international banking resource would like to keep it.
The same rule applies to trade. We don't enforce harmonized customs and international quality standards, because our rich people do want to make a cut from arbitraging internationally.
All this is conspiracy nonsense but I specially want to point out that China is part of the Common Reporting Standard and does share bank accounts information with all other countries part of that system which includes all developed countries.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 05:57:03 pm »
This sets a scary precedent.  I know the states have been wanting to do this for a while now.  I'm sure all the 5 eyes would be in for it too.  Guessing they would only allow corporations and government to use it and not the average person.  Wonder what that would mean for HTTPS, would it be illegal to host a site using HTTPS unless you have a special license?  I could see them do that.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 06:09:43 pm »
This sets a scary precedent.  I know the states have been wanting to do this for a while now.  I'm sure all the 5 eyes would be in for it too.  Guessing they would only allow corporations and government to use it and not the average person.  Wonder what that would mean for HTTPS, would it be illegal to host a site using HTTPS unless you have a special license?  I could see them do that.
The speculation is that this gives the other five eyes access too. Remember that they exchange information and most western companies have a presence in Australia.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 10:35:18 pm »
However, cyber-security experts say it's not possible to create a "back door" decryption that would safely target just one person.

"Any vulnerability would just weaken the existing encryption scheme, affecting security overall for innocent people," said Dr Chris Culnane from the University of Melbourne.

Such a "security hole" could then be abused or exploited by criminals, he said.

Didn't the NSA try that years ago:
https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/21/nsa-technique-for-cisco-spying/

and they were were suspected of meddling with Cisco routers:
https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cisco-help-customers-avoid-nsa-interception-by-shipping-equipment-empty-houses-1492704

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2019, 11:12:34 pm »
I am sure the NSA and our ASIO/DSD have already been doing it by stealth for years along with a lot of other private companies and governments. Keep China out of this topic too if possible ::)

It is the 'forced' and 'mandatory' nature of this legislation that is worrying in particular if it remains with no limited or zero oversight provisions. When the decryption is known by Australia you can be assured it will be known by others too. The arguments of some 'if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't have a problem with ...' are deluded fools as their privacy is eroded.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2019, 01:16:23 am »
If we can't have end to end encryption, e-commerce is right out the window.

Except that root CA issuers may have already been compromised by governments. They can easily mount an MitM attack without you knowing.
China has compromised CNNIC, and I believe the five eyes have done the same to major western CAs.

That is probably true and if true certainly bad, but the real threat is cyber-crime which is already an order of magnitude more significant than the totality of street crime reported on the news everyday and estimate are that it will reach $6T by 2021 (https://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2017/07/13/the-true-cost-of-cybercrime-for-businesses/#22a95d9c4947).

Now, I'm not sure if I buy the $6T number but surely reducing security will only make cyber crime easier and more prevalent. 

Brian

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2019, 03:36:18 am »
When you enter the UK there are signs letting you know you are under the obligation to reveal passwords to any computer or other device and refusal will land you in jail. It's known as "Rubber-Hose Cryptanalysis".

The notion that morality has anything to do with governments is laughable. Morality is just whatever rules allow us to do what we want to do and prevent others from doing what they want to do. If we want to do it then it is moral and we will twist our "reasoning" so we can arrive at the foreordained conclusion.
Moral rules is not whatever rules are convenient for the moment. Morals are rules that are completely necessary for a functioning society/groups, they have been sharpened by evolution over millennia. There are lots of experiments that show that other social animals also have a concept of morals and they are often similar to our own. If people cooperate everyone benefits, if people act like sociopaths every one looses, so we reward social behaviour and sanction antisocial behaviour, it's something completely rational and necessary. That said, some people clearly have a twisted idea of what is moral and not so it's up to debate what can be considered moral.

What you describe is a form of psychological defence mechanism called rationalising: "when the individual deals with emotional conflict or internal or external stressors by concealing the true motivations for his or her own thoughts, actions, or feelings through the elaboration of reassuring or self serving but incorrect explanations".

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2019, 06:18:42 am »
Until someone breaks the rule and gains extras from it.
There is gotta be some punishments saying if you break the rule, you get fucked.
That's what laws are.
Laws make up a system that regulates and ensures that individuals or a community adhere to the will of the state.
If the state wants a well functioning society with people who are happy and cooperate then the laws should reward social behaviour and sanction antisocial behaviour. But there is nothing that says that laws have to do that, nor are they limited to encourage people to behave morally. So laws are not the same as morals at all, but there is often a relation, since you can't have to much antisocial behaviour or society would collapse.

Inevitably, with laws, there are wrongfully convicted victims.
Therefore, laws are relaxed from moral standard.
Thus, there are smart people weaseling between moral and laws to gain extras.
Those people will always win, until "innocent until proven guilty" gets abolished.
There are those who act antisocially and some get away with it. Ideally you would want to catch and sanction everyone that acts immorally. But the justice system is far from perfect, 'innocent until proven guilty' is a good principle that prevents people from being sanctioned incorrectly, since that is considered more harmful to society than the alternative. But remember: the law isn't the same as morals, so it could also be the law that is wrong or the state that is acting immorally. As everyone knows, there are many states where the people in power only care about enriching themselves. You really need checks and balances that ensure the people with power aren't acting immorally themselves, or else you have a recipe for disaster.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2019, 06:40:53 am »
Those people will always win, until "innocent until proven guilty" gets abolished.

You are continuing to be WAY OFF TOPIC and your propping up of Chinese goverment dogma and propaganda is more than annoying! I have kept this 'polite' but if you want to continue it won't remain that way. Got collect your $0.50 on youtube
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2019, 08:14:20 am »
@ Blueskull kindly delete your last posts and !@#$ OFF this thread!  :rant:

Signed the other 99% of us.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2019, 09:17:52 am »

At least blueskull is straight up, be he/she wrong, right, manipulated, confused, whatever the deal is  :-// 

unlike a LOT of two faced 'troll callers' that are not short of hypocricy/hypocracy/hippocracy  ::)

The following users thanked this post: wraper, blueskull

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2019, 09:25:12 am »

At least blueskull is straight up, be he/she wrong, right, manipulated, confused, whatever the deal is  :-// 

unlike a LOT of two faced 'troll callers' that are not short of hypocricy/hypocracy/hippocracy  ::)

His Very first post in this thread days ago was all about what CHINA does to enforce it's police state. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/australia-data-encryption-law/msg2141260/#msg2141260

HE HAS BEEN OFF TOPIC EVER SINCE!

Who the !@#$ do you think you are?

An Australian you tosser and this flawed legislation effects MY COUNTRY and has nothing to do with yours and your twisted morals!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2019, 09:35:22 am »

China produces the phones that these data encryption laws will be implemented on.

blueskull is politely telling us to smell the coffee    :popcorn:

The following users thanked this post: soldar

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2019, 09:43:50 am »
This is far more than just phones as you are I am sure well aware of. More chance of the Chinese Government hacking us illegally to protect their own 'state security' than any information we are likely to get off decrypted phones of Chinese origin even if those companies will hand over that data.

Blueskull has yet again twisted a thread as some sort of perverse defense of the Chinese State Machine which this thread is not about.

So politely or not he can take a running jump.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2019, 09:57:17 am »
blueskull is collateral damage for westerner investor scum taking their/our industries over there,

and making those countries work for stale rice pay, for a better 'future' in a 'competitive' global market >   :palm:

Hang it on the local bean counters that created and manipulate the mess, not blueskull and agro peers gabbing away nasty on the internet

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 10:04:24 am by Electro Detective »

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2019, 09:15:00 pm »
I don't think (hope) you understand what is meant by social Darwinism. ??? :-\
It got to be the dumbest of all the dumb ideas from the 19th century.

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2019, 09:55:20 pm »
I have no idea what is meant by PUBG?

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2019, 10:13:12 pm »
I have no idea what is meant by PUBG?

He means a game where lots and lots of people work very hard to enjoy themselves and a precious few cunts destroy for everyone it by blatantly cheating.

China, in other words - figuratively and literally.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2019, 11:10:25 pm »
No. I meant the game mode itself. Only one can live, stepping on the others' bodies.
You'd think the concept of cooperation would be more ingrained in someone coming from a country with close to 1.5 billion people. Even before we migrated from the plains of Africa, cooperation has been what made our species tick and successful. That's unlikely to change any time soon.

The following users thanked this post: apis

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2019, 12:31:30 am »
Hard to say. I think one of the things people are realizing now is an awful lot like the opposite of that, that life is not a zero sum game.

Have you ever heard of the "Overton Window" ? Right wingers are trying to shift people's idea of what is okay to the right. By sleazy methods. We shouldn't fall for it.

What do I mean? let me give you an example, a few years ago I was pointed to this interesting article which was at the time popular with people in the advertising and PR industry, I was told, to read it if I wanted to know how they thought. Evidently they think we are a lot like cockroaches in some respects. (I disagree with this, but it does explain the social network bot phenomenon)

Anyway, I think that now since jobs are becoming scarcer, I think that engaging in a race to the bottom is a mistake. I know that goes against established dogma, but we have to think of karma, rather than dogma.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:06:26 am by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline mc172

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2019, 01:54:46 am »
I'm proper confused by this thread! Reads like something the KKK would put together but against Chinese people. Kinda like: Blueskull has got a foreign-looking flag set as his country, let's have him! :scared: :scared:

Right. I forget you don't have morals or feelings of your own, only a need for success.

If the people are happy, why not? Chinese people are just by nature competitive.
A competitive environment with good reward system is what we want.

Make your own life better by your hard work. No matter for whom.
I don't care if I work for USA making nukes against China, or I work for China recreating Soviet Union.
If I get my own life better and I take care of my own business, I'm all good.

Any other Chinese people follow this type of sellout SELFISH BS that borders on fifth column/treason activity??  :--

Er, yeah, I'm 100% British and I agree with the guy, don't know the guy, but he's speaking sense. Dafuq is your problem?

@ Blueskull kindly delete your last posts and !@#$ OFF this thread!  :rant:

How about you go and play with traffic you bellend? You been reading up on those radical papers again?

When did the Strayans become so pro Trump?

I really can't believe how fast this escalated!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:59:38 am by mc172 »

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Offline mc172

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2019, 02:02:12 am »
Regarding the original subject, rather than a load of verging on Nazi bollocks, it's really scary. It's the start of what is to come, I fear. Over here in the EU (which we are still a part of), the Article 13 nightmare looms over us, which is somewhat related in the sense that lawmakers/politicians coming up with these amazing ideas have got no idea what they're talking about. Not good.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2019, 02:08:09 am »
We can't hug our children with nuclear arms. Corny, I know. But true.

It takes children to raze a village. So let's grow up.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf