Author Topic: Free Shipping from Arrow Electronics  (Read 5427 times)

Offline casinadaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Free Shipping from Arrow Electronics
« on: February 25, 2016, 05:51:07 am »
Got an email from them a couple of days ago.

"Shop at Arrow.com and take advantage of our free shipping offer!
For a limited time only, receive free domestic ground or international economy shipping at Arrow.com. No promo code needed.
Applies to FedEx Ground, UPS Ground, USPS First Class Mail and FedEx International Economy only."

I have no relationship with them Whatsoever  :)

Offline JoeN

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
Re: Free Shipping from Arrow Electronics
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:30:56 am »
When I select the "Details" link https://www.arrow.com/en/research-and-events/articles/free-shipping-feb16
I get nothing. (404)

It's weird and cyclic.  But I have ordered stuff from them before so I logged in and put $20 worth of stuff in my cart and started a checkout and it is free for me.  I am not sure about out of the U.S.  It looks like there are no conditions other than it be ground shipping and I don't even see a minimum order limit.  Too bad I am at the current moment wanting for nothing, which is pretty rare.
Have You Been Triggered Today?

Offline Macman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 12:37:08 pm »
Thanks for posting this Casinada,

I have been looking to order the BEMICRO CVA9 for a while but was put off by the high shipping charge. Have now placed my order with free shipping.
For delivery to the UK it let me select either DHL or FEDEX economy.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 05:30:56 pm »
Thank you Casinada, yay ... it works even for shipping out of US !  :-+

For example like at Digikey, the cheapest shipping is $75 into my country :palm:, now this free s/h even its Fedex economy, still worth a shot, purchased handful of components there.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:32:53 pm by BravoV »

Offline Dave

• Super Contributor
  • I like to measure things.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 11:23:08 pm »
Arrow has got to have the worst selection of parts of all dealers that I've ever encountered.
Even when they have a part in their catalog, it likely isn't in stock and you have to backorder it.
To backorder a certain part, they want you to fill out a whole form and want to know things like who your end customer is and where they are from. :wtf:
<fellbuendel> it's arduino, you're not supposed to know anything about what you're doing
<fellbuendel> if you knew, you wouldn't be using it

Offline Axk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 12:26:48 am »
Just noticed that they have free international shipping, but it's only Fedex unfortunately :(

And in our country if it comes through Fedex you have to either pay a broker or go and spend a whole day in lines at the airport to get it yourself.
Works fine with regular post though, I suppose this is a way of supporting our state postal service.

Offline splin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 02:05:25 am »
Just noticed that they have free international shipping, but it's only Fedex unfortunately :(

And in our country if it comes through Fedex you have to either pay a broker or go and spend a whole day in lines at the airport to get it yourself.

In the UK you get charged some seemingly random handling fee for customs clearance, around £15, for each package, whichever carrier is used. That is quite bearable for a large enough order except that if you order 5 different items from Arrow, the chances are that they will dispatch them in 5 different shipments and there was no way to specify that you wanted them all shipped together - at least for items from the same warehouse. I've not checked so that may have changed.

The resulting £75 in handling fees far exceeds the shipping cost from other US distributers with more sensible shipping policies. The multiple shipping costs for Arrow must make this offer unprofitable for smaller orders - unless they have  cut a deal with Fedex who then make from the handling fees instead?

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 02:40:57 am »

Works fine with regular post though, I suppose this is a way of supporting our state postal service.
I guess you're not in the EU? Arrow have DHL Express Worldwide - DDP available for free shipping to the EU.

In the UK you get charged some seemingly random handling fee for customs clearance, around £15, for each package, whichever carrier is used. That is quite bearable for a large enough order except that if you order 5 different items from Arrow, the chances are that they will dispatch them in 5 different shipments and there was no way to specify that you wanted them all shipped together - at least for items from the same warehouse. I've not checked so that may have changed.
Arrow offer DDP via DHL now so you prepay the VAT and there aren't any customs fees or delays. It still comes up as free shipping for me even though it is DHL and the offer is for Fedex. However, if you don't select the DDP option then DHL costs money.

Offline wsowa

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 10:59:24 pm »
It's over. They've introduced 13$ handling fee for orders below 50$ :'(
I loved arrow for their parts selection but mostly for free shipping in 3 days to Poland for any order value. I've ordered a diode once and they shipped a 0.03$ order for free from US to Poland. Loved it. Moreover for items below c.a. 20 USD there's no VAT applied in EU (or just Poland) so their prices were best too as 23% (VAT) lower then in Farnell/RS given the same net price.

Now it's all gone... Not sure where to order stuff now... I guess Farnell...

Offline mav_iqdirect

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 03:45:32 pm »
A month or so ago Arrow has again cancelled free shipping on all orders. But one can still have free shipping on $50+ orders if joining ArrowPerks program (available under My account page). Hope this will help somebody save some bucks  :) Sorry if this is old topic...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf