Author Topic: Breaking News: Over-Unity Reactionless Generator Invented In India  (Read 21807 times)

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: Breaking News: Over-Unity Reactionless Generator Invented In India
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 09:08:35 am »
He posted a picture of it what more do you want?  :wtf:
I didn't read the text. The picture says it all and is very funny. lol

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 09:50:50 am »
and again the name of Nikola Tesla being shat upon and hijacked by crackpots :--

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 11:48:07 am »
Unbreaking news: It doesn't work, the conditions were not met, scientific notations got creatively interpreted, scam, fraud or a lie.

But why are people happy, or hoping to find overunit machines?

It would make energy cheaper, close to zero, producing spectaculary more energy (heat)
Even without those machines, oceans will boil in 400 years.

And why some 238% ? If it really should exist, let it turn for a week, build a second one with the profit, let it run for a week,...
Something double exponential here, in a few weeks you reach a millon percent.

So I can add a law of overunit machines: They only exist in infinite Yield, producing infinite power from nearly no input.
Enough to blow the world.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:59:10 am by Galenbo »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 11:53:47 am »
Unbreaking news: It doesn't work, the conditions were not met, scientific notations got creatively interpreted, scam, fraud or a lie.

But why are people happy, or hoping to find overunit machines?

It would make energy cheaper, close to zero, producing spectaculary more energy (heat)
Even without those machines, oceans will boil in 400 years.

indeed, this was predicted by Arthur C. Clarke if a very cheap abundant energy source was found

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2015, 12:15:36 pm »
indeed, this was predicted by Arthur C. Clarke if a very cheap abundant energy source was found

I got the story from a guy that explained that 2% economic growth is impossible, because at that rate the oceans boil in 400 years.
He kept the same development level, and made less developed areas grow.

I'm gonna read a bit on the guy you mentioned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 12:24:44 pm »
“The universal matter is created out of prana since prana is aakaash in motion, and aakaash is the primordial superfluid substratum of the universe.”

I got your prana buddy.  :-DD
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 12:25:14 pm »
There must be a bot generator for these articles, right?

Maybe just an army of cooks trying to scam investors for money using a bunch of pre-made templates sold to them by some entrepreneuring crooks. Pretty much like the "Nigerian" 419 scams work. You know, the type "I am bank manager/government clerk/whatever in a country XXX in Africa and I have found $9999999999 sitting in a safe. I need your help to export them out of the country and will share it with you ..." Scammers sending these spams have literally form letter generators and people selling templates in reasonable English to the less lingvistically gifted crooks.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:27:02 pm by janoc »

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2015, 01:13:14 pm »
There must be a bot generator for these articles, right?

Maybe just an army of cooks trying to scam investors for money using...

I often think it's the guys that are frustrated because for the second time they failed the first year in Physics or Engineering.
Let's take 'science' back...

Like it's the guys that failed to become a pilot that invent the stories of the chemtrails.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 05:56:28 pm »

I got the story from a guy that explained that 2% economic growth is impossible, because at that rate the oceans boil in 400 years.
He kept the same development level, and made less developed areas grow.

I'm gonna read a bit on the guy you mentioned: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke

When you are finished with Clarke go read Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. Especially the Tales of Known Space, as there you see how a species that decided to move lock, stock and solar system stay happy even though they have left their sun behind, just using the waste heat from their industry to keep the planets warm. then read Ringworld.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 06:19:23 pm »
Ringworld is nonsense. Discworld is where the future is !

+++ melon melon melon +++
+++Error At Address: 14, Treacle Mine Road, Ankh-Morpork+++
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe+++
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 06:38:45 pm »
When you are finished with Clarke go read Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. Especially the Tales of Known Space, as there you see how a species that decided to move lock, stock and solar system stay happy even though they have left their sun behind, just using the waste heat from their industry to keep the planets warm. then read Ringworld.

The collaboration of Niven and Pournelle produced some of the best, technically accurate, science fiction that was ever written. Niven, I think, was the better fiction writer of the two and more prolific. Most of the books and stories set in the "Known Space" universe are brilliant. Anyone who read Pournelle's "A Step Farther Out" from 1984 knows that the last 30 years probably deserve a big face palm.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 07:10:40 pm »
On that line, pop over to Jerrypournelle.com and give him a tip. That way he can carry on with the good writing he is doing, even with having a hole burned in his brain, and recently having a mild stroke, he is still an amazing person. I quite enjoyed his appearance on Starshipsofa.com a while ago, it was worth it.

Offline Rupunzell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 05:15:58 pm »
What does Maxwell's Demon say about this   >:D

Bernice

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 10:32:40 pm »
Now that's spooky, Arthur C Clarke referred to twice in a single thread, one regarding delta-v using radiation pressure in the Clarke Belt (geostationary orbits were first discussed by Clarke in the 1940s, that's how you get direct broadcast satellite TV), and another regarding boiling oceans.

Online edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:06 pm »
And in looking up one of terms I found something that is actually interesting.

"NASA says puzzling new space drive can generate thrust without propellant"

http://www.gizmag.com/cannae-reactionless-drive-space-propulsion/33210/

"Did NASA Validate an “Impossible” Space Drive? In a Word, No."
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/outthere/2014/08/06/nasa-validate-imposible-space-drive-word

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf