Author Topic: Calculators  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Dane BearTopic starter

• Contributor
    • Bear Tooling Systems, LLc
Calculators
« on: September 22, 2012, 02:23:23 am »
Looking for a Casio FX-411 scientific calculator. Don't know why but I think these are the easiest to use. Lost mine years ago. Does anyone have one to sell?
Hello, Everyone! I am a Tool And Die business owner in Iowa, that has an interest in the more technical side of electricity. For years, I have worked with 480v Polyphase electricity, but never really got into electronics much. I am learning something new every day from the EEV.

Offline poptones

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Calculators
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 04:07:02 am »
I'm the same way with the Sharp EL5100. Had my first one when they were new, lost track of it, bought another and lst it in a house fire, bought another and lost it when I went into the hospital. I've probably spent 500 dollars on EL5100s and I still don't have one. Cool older calculators are worth a lot of money, an EL5100 now in good shape will set you back almost 200 bucks and they cost like 60 new.

Ebay has your Casio. There's one on there now for 100 bucks.

Offline PeterG

• Frequent Contributor
Testing one two three...

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 10:56:02 pm »
Cool. I'm buying it. Searched on ebay for quitesome timeand never seen that.
Thanks-Dane
Hello, Everyone! I am a Tool And Die business owner in Iowa, that has an interest in the more technical side of electricity. For years, I have worked with 480v Polyphase electricity, but never really got into electronics much. I am learning something new every day from the EEV.

Offline TerminalJack505

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:45 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's the calculator that Radio Shack re-badged as the EC-4013.  I've got one of the EC-4013s and it looks exactly like the Casio calculator.

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »
Those calculators had a cute design, but I was always worried that the conductors in the flex connector would break at the hinge. Did anyone ever have that happen to them?

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 01:09:57 am »
I was too, so it never got folded. Takes kind of a hard push to get the membrane buttons to work on the folding side though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf