Author Topic: Cameras for home monitoring  (Read 2622 times)

Offline c64Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Cameras for home monitoring
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2024, 12:25:56 am »
Motion detection is strictly for indoors and closed windows. Anything outdoors or through windows will trigger it. Outside light changes, car reflections, etc.
Not true if you have the right camera and they are set-up & positioned correctly, all my camera's are outdoors and have motion detection, it works correctly without fake triggers. If you have these problems you should check your camera for bad reviews (maybe change it for a better camera) and/or spend more time on it's location and the motion detection settings.
Yes, I suppose there are cameras which incorporate enough AI that they can discern humans, faces, etc. Mine are simply very cheap basic IP cameras bought on eBay. I have them recording 24/7 outside.
What about PIR?

Online soldar

• Super Contributor
Re: Cameras for home monitoring
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2024, 09:14:43 am »
What about PIR?
Well, that's a totally different thing. I have a couple of PIR indoors but they do not record anything, just trigger an alarm.

By the way, I have collected different PIR devices over the years, some have radio that I cannot use but it is trivial to design a circuit that detects increase in current consumption and triggers the alarm.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf