Author Topic: Can Fandoms Fix Tech's Gender Gap?  (Read 117755 times)

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Can Fandoms Fix Tech's Gender Gap?
« Reply #375 on: April 19, 2015, 10:55:18 pm »
Today I found a book on internship which one of my sons left somewhere in the house. He is doing something technical and the entire book is in he/him form. At the first page it says that women should read she/her instead of he/him... IMHO it is a prime example on how not to make women welcome.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2015, 07:46:43 am »
Today I found a book on internship which one of my sons left somewhere in the house. He is doing something technical and the entire book is in he/him form. At the first page it says that women should read she/her instead of he/him... IMHO it is a prime example on how not to make women welcome.
The silly thing is in the past, it was standard English to say him, his when the gender was unknown. The only reason for that statement was to try to be politically correct and not appear sexist.

They should've just used  just use (s)he and their (rather than his/her) or alternated between the two, if they wanted to keep it gender neutral.

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2015, 08:05:30 am »
Your reply is nonsense and toxic. I suffered being undiagnosed ADHD and I'm now 30yo, diagnosed a year ago.
Thanks of ideas like yours, we are often put into shame and not receive a proper therapy, and public healthcare ignores us. Many idiots in healthcare believe that crap, unfortunately. :palm:
You are trolling about ADHD. This is very serious.

My girlfriend has practices at a minors' center ...
Looks more like you are a professional victim. Any other holocausts I started, to complain about?

If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2015, 12:58:11 pm »
Media is in a psychopath spiral, their workers are dehumanized or brainwash themselves to the mainstream ideology as a way to survive and not suffer from it. Some of them are aware and dislike it, but consider the benefits are better for themselves than the inconveniences.

This is also called as corporate culture. You see it everywhere and is very obvious in sponsorized activities.

That happens in every aspects of life, people get hypocrite all time. If you aren't, you often get marginalized.

Being a liar and hypocrite is considered an essential social skill in this society. That's why people bad at them are unable to adapt to this shit.

Maybe a world of aspies would be a better place!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:37:10 am by EEVblog »

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2015, 01:08:22 pm »

It'd certainly be a lot quieter :)

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2015, 03:31:41 pm »
Have you seen some of the stuff they put in those women's magazines?

If it's sexist and demeaning to women then why do women read that crap?

Ah, but you see it's men's faults women are like that. Oh and if a woman happens to disagree she's a shill for the patriarchy...

And of course men doing similar is the liberal lamestream media's aggressive feminazi agendas fault...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:33:22 pm by Mechanical Menace »
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline Tallie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2015, 01:47:27 pm »

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2015, 09:47:38 am »

It'd certainly be a lot quieter :)
What makes you say that? Some people with Aspergers can be very verbose, especially about certain things. I know someone with AS and she's talks a lot about her favourite boy band - she's obsessed with them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf