General > General Technical Chat

Car Manufacturers Ruined a Serial Communication Protocol

(1/2) > >>

MuhScopeBroke:
CAN has gone to the wind now that you can't source the IC necessary to interface with it. Most of my companies serial communication has now moved towards I2C/DI2C in light of this but some older parts still use CAN and its been impossible to find components. Very tough on us little guys who just need a simple CAN transceiver

Scrts:
As of now:
TJA1041 - 2492 @ Digikey
TJA1043 - 145 @ Digikey
TJA1046 - 5875 @ Digikey
TJA1054 - 13472 @ Digikey

I did not check TI or Infineon PNs... Did not check Mouser or Newark...

Maybe buy in advance now?

langwadt:

--- Quote from: MuhScopeBroke on May 23, 2022, 03:27:55 pm ---CAN has gone to the wind now that you can't source the IC necessary to interface with it. Most of my companies serial communication has now moved towards I2C/DI2C in light of this but some older parts still use CAN and its been impossible to find components. Very tough on us little guys who just need a simple CAN transceiver

--- End quote ---

LCSC has tens of different can transceivers, most of them with +10000 in stock ...

tom66:
https://octopart.com/search?q=can+transceiver&currency=USD&specs=0&category_id=5414&in_stock_only=1&sort=median_price_1000&sort-dir=asc&distributor_id=459&distributor_id=12860&distributor_id=2401&distributor_id=819&distributor_id=2402&distributor_id=3702&distributor_id=3261&distributor_id=2628&distributor_id=1106&distributor_id=12676

Hundreds of parts in stock from authorised distributors.

tooki:

--- Quote from: MuhScopeBroke on May 23, 2022, 03:27:55 pm ---CAN has gone to the wind now that you can't source the IC necessary to interface with it. Most of my companies serial communication has now moved towards I2C/DI2C in light of this but some older parts still use CAN and its been impossible to find components. Very tough on us little guys who just need a simple CAN transceiver

--- End quote ---
You’re whining that car manufacturers “ruined” a bus standard designed by an auto parts supplier expressly for use in vehicles?  :-DD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version