Author Topic: Magnifying glasses  (Read 10965 times)

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
Re: Magnifying glasses
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 07:29:16 pm »
I have a pair of binocular loupes on order from ebay and will review them here when they arrive in a month or so.

How about include the ebay link.  I see there are a lot of sellers.  Look forward to your review.
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 05:24:14 pm »
Just for a laugh I ordered these cheapos from Ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171287466739?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=470367895697&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The image quality is surprisingly good and the LEDs work well and the switches are convenient to use - you can even adjust the LED angle.

The biggest problem is there is no left/right angle adjustment, so unless your eye-to-eye distance happens to be right you basically can't use them in stereo mode.

In monocular mode, they are OK for inspection, but working distance is too close to work (certainly solder) with - 10-30mm for x25 to x10.
The x10 would be just about useable for emergencies if you had nothing else and didn't mind the occasional smell of burning hair, and there;s a good chance you'd melt the casing with accidental contact.

You can even fit one x10 and one x25 and swap eyes for closeups!

If they made a x4 or 5 with longer distance it would probably be a lot more useable for electronics stuff.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline bookaboo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 05:31:15 pm »
Just for a laugh I ordered these cheapos from Ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171287466739?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=470367895697&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The image quality is surprisingly good and the LEDs work well and the switches are convenient to use - you can even adjust the LED angle.

The biggest problem is there is no left/right angle adjustment, so unless your eye-to-eye distance happens to be right you basically can't use them in stereo mode.

In monocular mode, they are OK for inspection, but working distance is too close to work (certainly solder) with - 10-30mm for x25 to x10.
The x10 would be just about useable for emergencies if you had nothing else and didn't mind the occasional smell of burning hair, and there;s a good chance you'd melt the casing with accidental contact.

You can even fit one x10 and one x25 and swap eyes for closeups!

If they made a x4 or 5 with longer distance it would probably be a lot more useable for electronics stuff.

Ordered these, gotta look the part.

Offline VK3DRB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 09:17:43 am »
Great to see all these glasses alternatives. You can buy a few cheapo pairs at varying magnifications. If you lose them, you don't lose sleep. For serious work, you cannot go past a Vision Mantis, proudly designed in the USA, proudly made by in the UK, and the design is so good it has never been able to be copied by Hoo Flung Dung Enterprises. No glasses needed unless your eyes' focal lengths are unbalanced.

Shop around for your nearest electronics company that is going bust and see if you can score a Vision Mantis. Even at a grand, they are worth every cent.

Offline DeathwishTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 09:46:54 am »
Mantis ?. have you never tried sticking a couple of coke bottles to your glasses, does the job and costs less than a grand or more.
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline tomlut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 12:26:28 pm »
I have a pair of binocular loupes on order from ebay and will review them here when they arrive in a month or so.

How about include the ebay link.  I see there are a lot of sellers.  Look forward to your review.

Here you go: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111522538217
No I won't fix your TV for a carton of beer.

Offline tomlut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2015, 02:16:59 pm »
No I won't fix your TV for a carton of beer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf