Author Topic: Coronavirus cure  (Read 22334 times)

Offline pcmadTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • module web design
Coronavirus cure
« on: March 13, 2020, 03:45:38 pm »
for the people have invested in toilet roll who think the Coronavirus will give you the shits Coronavius actually comes from the Corona discharge from 5G networks, electric pylons and radio magnetic fields to avoid the Coronavius and become immune get yourself to aluminum foil to protect the head and face triple layer or more the best effect and if you com into contact with a infected person extend to full body with 5 + layers   

The following users thanked this post: chris_leyson

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: Coronavirus cure
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 03:49:18 pm »
Did you miss the last roll and now have nothing to wipe your ass? ;D My sister in UK told me all toilet paper and eggs are gone.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 03:59:32 pm »
My sister in UK told me all toilet paper and eggs are gone.

Should say something about what the average british person considers essential.
 ::)

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 04:07:26 pm »
TP is gone everywhere. It is surreal. I thought it was just memes. But yesterday I went to buy some tea and saw that there was not a roll of TP in the whole store. This is just stupid.
Alex

The following users thanked this post: TiN

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 04:11:25 pm »
TP is gone everywhere. It is surreal. I thought it was just memes. But yesterday I went to buy some tea and saw that there was not a roll of TP in the whole store. This is just stupid.

Well, I thought it was as well, but when you see that an increasing number of countries are urging people to stay home - and no one really knows for how long, we can already suspect that 15 days will become 30, then 45, then... who knows? Many say that it will last at least until summer (it may even get worse by then due to conditions), so if you're stuck home for that long, you better have the necessities I guess. This is looking bad.

The following users thanked this post: PeteH

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 04:14:17 pm »
I was in store an hour ago. Toilet paper is there.

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 04:15:13 pm »
But you won't be sitting home 24/7 for 45 days. You still still have to go grocery shopping, may be much less and being more careful, but still. You can pick up some TP at the same time.

Why hoard it?
Alex

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 04:16:00 pm »
People in Latvia have better judgement, I guess. Or better supply chain of TP :)
Alex

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 04:49:21 pm »
People in Latvia have better judgement, I guess. Or better supply chain of TP :)

Say them that Putin comes to dinner.   :-DD :-DD

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 04:56:16 pm »

Well, I thought it was as well, but when you see that an increasing number of countries are urging people to stay home - and no one really knows for how long, we can already suspect that 15 days will become 30, then 45, then... who knows? Many say that it will last at least until summer (it may even get worse by then due to conditions), so if you're stuck home for that long, you better have the necessities I guess. This is looking bad.

This isn't China where they bolt your door shut, you will be able to go out and buy necessities like food, medicine and even that TP. Or a relative or a colleague could always resupply you if required. There are also home delivery services.  Or one can always make a deal with a neighbor to bring you supplies if you are sick and must stay at home.

Don't panic, people. Stockpiling food and such will only make the food to go to waste (can you imagine eating pasta for a month??) and panic buying and hoarding will cause empty shelves because no store can restock it that fast - causing even more panic and shortages.

Nobody is going to die from hunger or lack of TP, so don't be stupid.

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 05:14:47 pm »

This isn't China where they bolt your door shut, you will be able to go out and buy necessities like food, medicine and even that TP. Or a relative or a colleague could always resupply you if required. There are also home delivery services.  Or one can always make a deal with a neighbor to bring you supplies if you are sick and must stay at home.

Don't panic, people. Stockpiling food and such will only make the food to go to waste (can you imagine eating pasta for a month??) and panic buying and hoarding will cause empty shelves because no store can restock it that fast - causing even more panic and shortages.

Nobody is going to die from hunger or lack of TP, so don't be stupid.

The chinese goverment don't allow go out of home for buying meal? do you really believe this?.

Then this is a paranormal phenophenomenon in the Comunist Regim China

https://youtu.be/k2Da3bdzGBY?t=666

The following users thanked this post: GlennSprigg

Offline iMo

• Super Contributor
  • It's important to try new things..
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 05:32:24 pm »
What do you do during that 0.5h left?

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 05:38:42 pm »
But you won't be sitting home 24/7 for 45 days. You still still have to go grocery shopping, may be much less and being more careful, but still. You can pick up some TP at the same time.

Thing is, nobody knows at this point what we will or won't be allowed to do.
We can just suppose governments will have to find reasonable ways of handling this so people don't starve. And yes we have the example of China, which so far managed to take pretty drastic steps without wreaking complete havoc. But how long would this be sustainable?

Why hoard it?

It's a very common behavior. I've seen people hoard supplies at the slightest sign of shortage, so this should not be surprising at all. Given that there are even more unknowns here than usual, it's understandable. The only way to stop this is either to reassure people in a clear way - which may not be enough - or forbid it altogether by setting up supply quotas. Now this is really going to look like war time.

Offline Siwastaja

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 05:54:40 pm »
Stocking some foodstuff that does not go bad quickly is a very sensible thing to do, but people should do that normally, without any crisis going on. At the very least, do what I did, and stockpile something weeks before the others do, so that you are not a part of the supply problem. If people did it a month earlier on average, buying stuff would spread out over several weeks, and the supply chain would have time to react through its normal feedback loops. Also being early, before the panic, allows you to make rational decisions (of not buying foodstuff that goes bad because you don't want to eat them).

I stocked some basic foods weeks before the large-scale public panic (which started here yesterday, and will get much worse because the authorities and the government have totally fucked up everything in the traditional, totally expected Finnish "the most important think is to fake keeping cool, and if there is even a small risk of looking stupid by overreacting, it's better to underreact, and nothing bad will ever happen in Finland" way. For example, people coming directly from northern Italy, with the symptoms on while already on the plane, were not only not quarantined, but also denied testing, despite numerous attempts to get treatment! But our public healthcare system which we once were proud of, has already nearly crashed even before the corona, so it's only to be expected. Oh, sorry for the sidetrack...)

Optimally, it's stuff that you like to eat in any case, and which won't expire in two years or so. If you have a stockpile for one month with stuff that expires in two years, it means you need to eat that stuff from the stockpile FIFO regularly at 4.2% duty cycle - 95.8% of the food you eat can be outside of your stock FIFO. You just need to come up with a way so that you remember to use the stockpile every now and then (and to restock it).

But being a responsible (for yourself, and your close ones) adult is, IMHO, understanding and managing things like this. It's not too hard. If you can design a frequency compensation network, you should be able to do it.

The following users thanked this post: Shock

Offline Siwastaja

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 05:58:48 pm »
I understand hoarding, but why TP?

You could theoretize that there is no direct replacement - the washing procedure you describe is not certainly normal for many Westeners. By comparison, there literally are hundreds of different kinds of "foods" you can stockpile, so it doesn't completely focus on one certain type of foodstuff. We are very accustomed to eating as many different kinds of foods as possible anyway, but we always get the same toilet paper.

Maybe, additionally, people lose track of how much they consume. They think that it's the same thing to buy "1 unit" of toilet paper, and "1 unit" of food, while in reality, you need only maybe 0.05 units of toilet paper per 1 unit of food. (Whatever the unit is. For toilet paper, the units are already quite large! I bet if they sold 1 roll at the time instead of, say, 12, people would by 1/12th of the rolls they do now, i.e., same number of units!)

In any case, it's kind of funny. While stocking some food, toilet paper didn't even cross my mind.

Offline pcmadTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • module web design
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 06:26:14 pm »
I understand hoarding, but why TP?

maybe its becuse the prepers on you tube say its an luxery product and could be traded LOL the new currency

The following users thanked this post: not1xor1

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 07:29:07 pm »
As Siwastaja said. It may be a cultural thing, but we'd be lost without TP in many parts of the world, including Europe.
Sure if you really had no choice you would do without, but to us it would then really look like survival mode, not business as usual. It may not matter as much for people from other parts of the world. And I guess people don't want to switch to survival mode quite yet.

Anyway, as I said, sure people are often overreacting when there's a possible shortage. But as others have said, you may also see that as just being responsible and anticipating.
It's true that by doing so, they will just trigger the shortage before it even happens, if it does.
But OTOH, not preparing yourself and just relying on mother government to care for you may also be debatable.

Thing is, we're just absolutely not used to this and we haven't learned how to handle crisis situations like this on a personal/family level. We're all used to a society where everything is abundant and easy to get, so when things get potentially not as easy, we're completely lost. And this is quite logical.

Online tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 07:32:00 pm »
Finally my Costco habits benefit me.  I always buy massive packs of TP and have enough rolls left for 3 months of isolation.

Of course, I've run out of rice and pasta, so I'll probably starve...

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 07:32:41 pm »
There is no point stocking food because it's considered a basic necessity and will be provided/rationed/whatever if SHTF unless STHF so hard that there is no food at all.

But with toilet paper, somebody will always argue that it's of lower priority than food so you may end up having to do without :P

Offline iMo

• Super Contributor
  • It's important to try new things..
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 07:41:13 pm »
Modern households do not use (toilet) paper.
They are paperless. They are Green.
 :P

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 08:00:13 pm »
Did you miss the last roll and now have nothing to wipe your ass? ;D My sister in UK told me all toilet paper and eggs are gone.

According to a notice in my local supermarket, the shortage of eggs is down to all the flooding we've had here recently. I'm not sure what that says about the fate of the hens, but in terms of panic, the ass wiping still seems to be key.  :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:02:04 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Online The Soulman

• Frequent Contributor
  • The sky is the limit!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 08:17:43 pm »
Another viral thread..  :palm:
I'll leave this here:

https://youtu.be/qPpfLiIODRk

The following users thanked this post: dietert1

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 08:36:03 pm »
You can wipe your ass with hand under running water and wash your hands, which is essentially what those smart Japanese toilet covers do for you.

What happened to corn cob for butt wiping?

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline Siwastaja

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 08:39:23 pm »
Anyway, as I said, sure people are often overreacting when there's a possible shortage. But as others have said, you may also see that as just being responsible and anticipating.

The key is being early. This concerns all kinds of actions, be it the threshold for putting people in quarantine, or stockpiling food. The sooner you do it, the easier it is, and the smaller the consequences. By being early, you can take actions that are, by the standards of that time, considered quite "strong", but they are still objectively quite mild and of small negative consequences. By being early, you always are a step ahead and have the option to take progressively stronger actions, if still needed. And if you did overreact, you didn't go very far, and did little harm.

If the feedback loop has a long delay, the error term keeps increasing despite the feedback actions. Often, feedforward is the answer.

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 08:39:32 pm »

Thing is, nobody knows at this point what we will or won't be allowed to do.
We can just suppose governments will have to find reasonable ways of handling this so people don't starve. And yes we have the example of China, which so far managed to take pretty drastic steps without wreaking complete havoc. But how long would this be sustainable?

Seriously, if we get to the point where people will not be able to go get food in one way or another, then this would likely be the least of your concern.

It is a serious epidemic but that doesn't mean that everyone will get sick at the same time, that everyone will be out of commission for weeks so you won't have supplies in stores because there won't be anyone to make them or to deliver them or that people won't start revolting if you try to keep them locked down without supplies. If it gets that far then it would make little sense to maintain a quarantine because you would either die due to the disease or because of hunger.

Even the Spanish flu didn't have people running out of food - and that was during a war, to boot.

You are panicking and worrying way too much, IMO.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf