Author Topic: Counterfeit Sanyo eneloop batteries  (Read 29456 times)

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
Re: Counterfeit Sanyo eneloop batteries
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 12:29:00 am »
imax b6?  Never heard but just checked it out, it reads like a great charger.
If you choose to buy one, take note that there are genuine iMAX B6 chargers and fake copies (clones) that look more or less identical. Be aware of which one you are actually getting.

Edit: and even the genuine iMAX chargers and similar brands like Turnigy are lookalikes of more expensive Bantam or iCharger devices...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:35:31 am by IanB »

Offline bazza

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 02:21:41 am »
The main downside with the MQN06 is that it only charges batteries in pairs...

Yeah, I was a little disappointed when I found that out.

Before the Sanyo I used a Sony BCG-34HC, which was good in that it allowed individual cell batteries to charge but I thought the Sanyo might be better for longevity so I started to use it. The Sony would heat the batteries up a bit much for my liking, particularly in the warmer weather. I still have it so it's always an option. Its charge rates listed on the back:

1050mA AAx2
525mA AAx4
640mA AAAx2

If you can ever find it, the MQN05 was better as it had a higher charge rate and could charge batteries individually, but I don't think there are any MQN05 chargers left anywhere.

It's a shame when they go backwards...but I guess this thing was built to a price :)

Offline saturationTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 10:45:16 am »
Yes, noticed that too!  Will buy the real deal and test it extensively for 1 mo before I use LiPo on it.  And of course, there is also the bucket with sand just in case. its easier to get a hold off than a LiPo bag ;)

imax b6?  Never heard but just checked it out, it reads like a great charger.
If you choose to buy one, take note that there are genuine iMAX B6 chargers and fake copies (clones) that look more or less identical. Be aware of which one you are actually getting.

Edit: and even the genuine iMAX chargers and similar brands like Turnigy are lookalikes of more expensive Bantam or iCharger devices...
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 01:55:54 pm »
People ... sonicj   posted one interesting schematic about the Eneloop charging curve.

Well if you study it, you will find out that Eneloop gets charged at 1.6V mark and a bit under.
There is no commercial charger who aims one such voltage for standard NiMH charging.

I need from any one who owns a Sanyo charger, to do some data-logging of the charge process,
and to confirm the data sheet.   

I need other than that, and a measurement of the trickle charge voltage of the Sanyo charger.   

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 03:29:36 pm »
People ... sonicj   posted one interesting schematic about the Eneloop charging curve.

Well if you study it, you will find out that Eneloop gets charged at 1.6V mark and a bit under.
There is no commercial charger who aims one such voltage for standard NiMH charging.

I need from any one who owns a Sanyo charger, to do some data-logging of the charge process,
and to confirm the data sheet.
See here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?262366-Charging-NiMH-at-high-and-low-rates-what-can-go-wrong

The data sheet is confirmed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf