Author Topic: Covid 19 virus  (Read 195620 times)

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
Re: Covid 19 virus
« Reply #1900 on: April 04, 2020, 03:10:26 am »
Ofcourse you are entitled to your opinion but don't get fooled by people who serve carefully selected footage to paint a general picture showing nothing is going on. The world's economy hasn't been halted for a fire drill!

You're making a mistake in assuming that any rational argument is going to make a dent in the belief system of the committed conspiracy fan. That everybody in the world is hunkered down in their homes is, to them, evidence that they are right. Because that's what the government wants. To them this is evidence that the government have some nefarious plan that requires trashing the world's economy for god knows how many months. That this would require an effective conspiracy to be driving the actions all the governments in the world is, to them, entirely believable. To them Occam's Razor is something that the Men In Black use on your throat when you get too close to the government's secrets. You are dealing with people who do not and will not approach the subject with rational thinking and dealing with them on the basis that they will see sense is futile.

So much hate? God have mercy on your poor soul.  :)

Why interpret it as hate? Unless you're paranoid of course. It's just a description of a certain mentality. It wasn't even addressed at you, even if you recognise yourself in it. I don't advocate any of the usual things that usually go with hate to be done to them, I don't even say they are bad people. But you choose to describe someone who clearly does not ascribe to the world view of the conspiracy theorist as hateful. Why in your mind is "this person disagrees with this world view" translated into "this person is hateful"?

Of course I am falling into the exact trap that I warned against, of expecting a rational response to rational words. I've already got a purely emotional one - "you are full of hate". Note I'm not shouting at you, I'm not calling you names, I'm not advocating that anything nasty be done to you. Please consider why you find someone describing the majority view, that there is no rational basis for these conspiracy theories, so threatening to you that you ascribe 'hate' to them when there is no actual evidence of hatefulness.

It should be pretty clear by now that I think you've got problems and are in need of some mental health assistance. I could be wrong, you could just be one of those sad individuals who gets their tiny little rocks off by just stirring it - that's also something that a mental health professional could help with - but my money is on the former. Get yourself some help, it looks very much like you need it, even if you don't realise it yet. If not for yourself for those around you. Look at the chaos you're causing here, in what was a reasonably ordered thread for this forum for something that intrinsically has political dimensions, imagine the magnitude of the effects you have on those close to you.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Online NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1901 on: April 04, 2020, 03:53:24 am »
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1902 on: April 04, 2020, 04:34:20 am »
look into the analysis of Amazing Polly

Don't have time or the willpower to sit through multiple half-hour videos. If they have something important or useful to say then write it down. If they can't be arsed to do that, because videos are easy, it's not worth my time either.

Somewhat strange view of appreciating the effort of gathering information, don't you think? After all, all you have to do is listen to, and think about it.

No, it is 30 minutes. You can't speed that up, it is 30 minutes. So just six people posting this stuff if 3 hours of a day gone. They're not showing anything, just talking heads that don't need video. Written, all of that stuff could be scanned in 5 minutes.

So video is very inefficient, but they do it because it is far FAR easier for them to sit and talk on the fly than it is to put their thoughts into written words. They don't give a toss about the viewer, they just want to be the one everyone else is looking at. The fact that they're making these videos is thus actually a pointer to them being complete rubbish.

Imagine if EEVBlog were composed of video messages such as those. You'd get through about half thread in a day if you had nothing else to do.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, Someone, SilverSolder, CatalinaWOW, Kilrah, SiliconWizard

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #1903 on: April 04, 2020, 05:18:26 am »
This thread is now just dominating this forum, I think it needs to stop. Take a break and get back to electronics.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf