Author Topic: Datasheet: A.S. Microelectronics (= OSI Optoelectronics) Photodiode "AE 9447" ?  (Read 613 times)

Offline UkyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Greeting forum members.

I am looking for data on a PhotoDiode, type AE9447 once made by A.S. Micro Electronics, Horten, Norway in 1990.
Searching for this company takes me to OSI OptoElectronics which manufactures a lot of different types with
different names, although some of the packagings looks identical. The one I have does generate a few hundred
millivolts when exposed to indoor light. But if it's performance are optimized for visible wavelengths I do not know.

Any member from Norway that can shed "some light" ?

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Do you have some pictures? Is 9447 actually a datecode?

Offline UkyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
The photovoltaic element is housed in a large gold plated enlarged TO5-can style (but with a diameter of 12 mm). On top of it is a glass lens covering the entire top area. On its bottom, there are three pins: One for grounding the metal case and two for connecting to the photovoltaic element inside. On its side is markings: "AME 9447   9050". The "9050" is obviously the date code, since the ESD-package is marked "Approved 11/12 1990". This package style is used by OSI today in some of its components.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf