Author Topic: "Canadian Reporters Have No Idea What Visiting Australian PM is Saying"  (Read 15999 times)

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
but its such a good idea.

True. I miss that pizza guy already, :)

================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
I thought you said that only the government owned 100% of the land here.
No I said for a Rothbardian that would be a good view to take.
Now, you have decreed that ownership to me?
No, I said that kind of lifestyle requires it.
Accusing me of vast ownership of water is like accusing the islanders in the pacific of luxurious lifestyle because of their beachfront view, :)
I don't do either, I'm simply pointing out that only a small part of the population could ever have exclusive access to such resources ... not enough of it for the amount of people.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
I don't do either, I'm simply pointing out that only a small part of the population could ever have exclusive access to such resources ... not enough of it for the amount of people.

Marco, no need to be obsessed with 'resources', in this technology age you can do a lot virtually with your brain only. Time to update the slogans.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Marco

• Super Contributor
Marco, no need to be obsessed with 'resources', in this technology age you can do a lot virtually with your brain only. Time to update the slogans.

No, a small number of high aptitude people can find a lot of opportunities in this technology "age" (mostly the bubbles of this age, like the one we're currently in). For the majority it doesn't help, median value of farmland has increased far faster than the median value of labour over the last decade.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
median value of farmland has increased far faster than the median value of labour over the last decade.

why do you think that's the case?
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline Tinkerer

• Frequent Contributor
If there are not enough resources to go around, people will be forcefully shown that they shouldnt procreate at an uncontrolled rate. This is currently whats happening in Africa. There isnt enough food to go around and they dont exactly try very hard to grow their own, so they all starve and die. Granted, not everyone there is at fault because of wars and such, but if I was in a place like that I would be trying my hardest to move elsewhere. They just keep having children though and stay put.
An interesting consequence of the above is that generations are passing more quickly with people having children at a younger age, this is going to lead to faster evolution and likely a quicker maturation rate eventually.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 01:49:04 am by Tinkerer »

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
This thread has drifted way off topic which was making fun of Australian politicians (and Canadians)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf