Author Topic: Digi-Key has changed and it is not very good  (Read 29086 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Digi-Key has changed and it is not very good
« Reply #350 on: June 16, 2021, 08:10:40 pm »
They fixed problems I had with the Applied Filters, which is nice but they worked a while back so how do they break that and not notice it in test?

Simple, there is nobody testing it. They probably have at most one QA person on the team and releases come far too quickly for a proper test pass, that person is probably not a hardware engineer and is totally clueless about the specific parameters an engineer will use to select a part. The rest of the testing will rely on automated tests which of course will only confirm the specific things the person writing the test script thought to check.

The following users thanked this post: cortex_m0

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
« Reply #351 on: June 16, 2021, 09:37:56 pm »
:palm:

And you STILL have to click the stupid thing to show more parameters, and the stupid checkbox to exclude marketplace items EVERY SINGLE TIME too.  |O

Marketplace is useful to me, I've bought from it once, but I also don't understand at all why its not off by default (and then add a hint to turn it on if nothing is in stock).
Look at this listing, why would I buy from Digikey when marketplace is cheaper?

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #352 on: June 16, 2021, 10:44:29 pm »
:palm:

And you STILL have to click the stupid thing to show more parameters, and the stupid checkbox to exclude marketplace items EVERY SINGLE TIME too.  |O

Marketplace is useful to me, I've bought from it once, but I also don't understand at all why its not off by default (and then add a hint to turn it on if nothing is in stock).
Look at this listing, why would I buy from Digikey when marketplace is cheaper?

Maybe because you want your whole order shipped from the DigiKey warehouse in a single shipment? Maybe because you want a single source for customer service? Maybe because you want parts that are fully vetted and come from a known supply chain, not some random seller offering them on the DK website?

It's fine to offer a marketplace, but the setting should be simple to disable and it should STAY set however you set it. I don't want to set it every single time.

The following users thanked this post: E-Design

Online cortex_m0

• Contributor
« Reply #353 on: June 16, 2021, 11:23:43 pm »
Thm_w: That diode is only cheaper from Rochester because they are showing you a price for a 4,000 piece minimum order. The same part, sold by DigiKey and made by ONSemi, is 3.7 cents when you use comparable quantity.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/on-semiconductor/BAV199LT1G/918322

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
« Reply #354 on: June 16, 2021, 11:34:34 pm »
Maybe because you want your whole order shipped from the DigiKey warehouse in a single shipment? Maybe because you want a single source for customer service? Maybe because you want parts that are fully vetted and come from a known supply chain, not some random seller offering them on the DK website?

It's fine to offer a marketplace, but the setting should be simple to disable and it should STAY set however you set it. I don't want to set it every single time.

yep, thats what I said.

Thm_w: That diode is only cheaper from Rochester because they are showing you a price for a 4,000 piece minimum order. The same part, sold by DigiKey and made by ONSemi, is 3.7 cents when you use comparable quantity.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/on-semiconductor/BAV199LT1G/918322

Yes missed that, it won't even let me order it if I wanted to as well..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf