Author Topic: Display/control board for ZD915 deoldering station  (Read 36536 times)

Offline Hamberger

Re: Display/control board for ZD915 deoldering station
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 11:52:41 am »
Hi,
this really works fine for me! Big thanks
Hamberger

Offline big t

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 11:21:37 am »
Hi,

Firmware works fine. But soldering station works constantly in ON or in OFF state. Can you modify firmware that solder will work in pulse mode like PWM etc. as this is done in WELLER soldering stations? Thanks.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2016, 09:17:28 am »
If the author is still there, the author of the Really Universal Soldering Controller is the owner of a ZD-915.

Maybe you would like to add support to his controller :D

Offline ejtagle

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 01:06:38 am »
The problem with the zd915 is that i was unable to make the temperature controller work with fast convergence to the desired setpoint. I think i will explain the problem that i had, so if someone has an idea on how to solve it, it would be a nice improvement:

The thermal load of the solder tip is very variable: How much power is needed to reach a given temperature depends on the mass that the tip is in contact with. And also, there is significant thermal mass to heat, and once heated, it is not easy to cool down. I can't calibrate for a speedy convergence as it depends on those factors (thermal delay, and thermal load) and ideal tuning parameters change too much when the solder tip is in contact or in the air without touching anything.

I thought on an adaptive system, but with such varying conditions (when the solder is being used) it is impossible to warranty convergence without overshoot. Finally, i settled down on a set fixed calibration values that seem to work, sometimes with overshoot, sometimes without it...

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 07:48:36 am »
The problem with the zd915 is that i was unable to make the temperature controller work with fast convergence to the desired setpoint. I think i will explain the problem that i had, so if someone has an idea on how to solve it, it would be a nice improvement:

The thermal load of the solder tip is very variable: How much power is needed to reach a given temperature depends on the mass that the tip is in contact with. And also, there is significant thermal mass to heat, and once heated, it is not easy to cool down. I can't calibrate for a speedy convergence as it depends on those factors (thermal delay, and thermal load) and ideal tuning parameters change too much when the solder tip is in contact or in the air without touching anything.

I thought on an adaptive system, but with such varying conditions (when the solder is being used) it is impossible to warranty convergence without overshoot. Finally, i settled down on a set fixed calibration values that seem to work, sometimes with overshoot, sometimes without it...

I predict my room would smell of burnt PCBs and ICs, my hands burnt too and get angry :D

Are there some sane alternative as desoldering station? Maybe I'll need to save too much money, but my psycho-motor skills are shitty and this frustrates me in a depressive and angry way. I'm smoking a lot these days and not just the flux liquid that enters my nose...

Offline Gall

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 07:58:18 am »
Well, after reviewing the datasheet and other documents on the SyncMOS page, I don't think I will be able to reflash the MCU any time soon. There's basically two ways to program it: Either via the ICP interface (which is some kind of TWI, but without any specification), which needs a SyncMOS programmer interface, or via the ISP service routine that might be in the firmware, which only Zhongdi knows about.

So the only way would be to find a somewhat pin-compatible MCU to replace the SyncMOS/On-Bright one.

For completeness, here's the pinout (needs verification):
FunctionPinInternal Name
Buzzer18P2.5
Heater10P3.5
°C/°F Button31P1.2
Down Button30P1.1
Up Button29P1.0
Thermocouple15P2.2
HT Data15P2.2
HT WR14P2.1
HT CS13P2.0
UART RXD5(1)
UART TXD6(1)

Note (1): There are two vias directly next to the UART pins, but I haven't found any other place they connect to.

Hi Crazor,
are you sure that Thermocouple and HT Data both use the same pin?
The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline Gall

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 02:30:49 pm »
Thanks for the pointer. I've looked into Atmel's lineup and found the AT89LP428/828, which also have compatible pinout in the TQFP32 package (rotated 180°).
Another candidate is ATtiny88. This is avr, so it's easier to program (gcc support etc.)
The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline audio86

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 08:36:26 am »
hi good morning i ask you for my problem i have the solder station with c8051f310 broken i change the mcu but don't have the firmware correct for this solder i download the ssv2 but don't have the file hex for my programmer please help me converter the file ssv2 in hex. thanks for the your time

Offline Florin Tv

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2018, 05:41:18 am »

Hello, I also need HEX at the ZD-915 freezer station that it does not display anything, I have seen that you have firmware but I do not know how to put in C8051F310 with what to put firmware on this microcontroller? i have TNM5000 and i can not write firmware with TNM5000 in C8051F310 and i need bin or hex, thank you

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2022, 03:39:49 pm »
The hex files are in the zip files, you just need to extract than with a zip file extractor, then copy them out separately (e.g., to Windows Desktop), and then you can import them with your programming software!

The compiled file is "SolderStation.hex" and this is the one to flash!

Chris Williams 
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline Texmisure

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2023, 10:24:10 am »
The owners of ZD915 can tell me if this schematic is the same?

Offline janekivi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2023, 09:44:10 pm »
Have many years ZD-987 (and ZD-982). But never liked that iron part.
Had many years it apart to hack HAKKO 907 handle to it or something.
But main issue is lack of MENU of course...

So after drawing all schematics and PCB-s and hacking all together with ARDUINO
and source code from here I got yesterday it finally done.

But for ZD-915 there are diagrams like this below:
That LCD board is the same for all(many...most) of them.

Offline janekivi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2023, 09:49:26 pm »
One image is not uploading...

Offline janekivi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2023, 01:09:23 pm »
I did all like original but source code here didn't fit somehow to my screen layout.
So I had to change everything.
Now I can let it do whatever I WANT it to do! Ohhhh, it's not easy...

Offline janekivi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2023, 07:01:36 pm »
EasyEDA files, yes, of course:

The following users thanked this post: Chris56000

Offline gobi2000

• http://gobi2000.com
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2023, 01:51:39 pm »
Thanks for this very useful information, does anyone have an extra pcb I can buy? is there a bin or ino file?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf