General > General Technical Chat

DuraHELL batteries

<< < (28/54) > >>

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: KE5FX on September 24, 2021, 08:06:36 pm ---[...]  Quality is about to become VERY expensive.

--- End quote ---

This is already true...  quality stuff, made of real materials, is incredibly expensive - almost no matter what you are looking at.

Tomorokoshi:
I just got some Nickel-Zinc NiZn AA and AAA batteries for this very reason. I will try them in various applications and watch the results.

Haenk:
I can only speak for stuff available in Germany, but the Alkalines sold by Aldi and Lidl are the ones to buy - I haven't had a single leaking one in over 20 years, maybe 30 years.
However I mostly use Eneloops and other LSD type of cells from Aldi/Lidl now - which are less than 1 EUR each (though the standard Eneloops seem to be a bit better). Never had a single leaking one, either.

rsjsouza:
Haenk, not doubting your experience with these brands throughout the years, I would ask how long ago did you buy your last set. The reason is that, across many brands, it seems the quality suffered a major decline in the last 10, 15 years from the standpoint of leakage. Also, this seems to be very concentrated on AA/AAA.

floobydust:
It coincides with the EPA Mercury-Containing Battery Act approved 1996 and it took a few years to implement. Mercury was essential to dealing with hydrogen off-gassing.

But some new quality problem exists, Duracell batteries piss and leak- while sometimes you can get lucky and they don't, and other brands have no issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version