General > General Technical Chat

Easily accessible terminal blocks for stacked boards?

(1/2) > >>

allanw:
I'd like to stack a bunch of boards with terminal blocks on the edges of each of them. With regular terminal blocks, the screw terminal is inaccessible once you stack the boards, which would be quite annoying.

What's something that works like a terminal block except lets you adjust the tightness on the edge as well?

mikeselectricstuff:
You can get vertical entry terminal blocks with the screw on the same face as teh wire entry, as well as 45 deg ones. Another option is a pluggable terminal block. Take a look at products from from Phoenix, Camdenboss, Weidmuller etc. and you'll find something suitable.

allanw:
But those are all vertical and 45 degree isn't optimal either, because the boards stack with only 10mm of spacing in between them.

baljemmett:

--- Quote from: allanw on October 25, 2010, 08:13:40 am ---I'd like to stack a bunch of boards with terminal blocks on the edges of each of them. With regular terminal blocks, the screw terminal is inaccessible once you stack the boards, which would be quite annoying.

What's something that works like a terminal block except lets you adjust the tightness on the edge as well?

--- End quote ---

Do you need to have an adjustment or would something like these leverless clamp connectors do?  I've used the versions with levers -- they grip the wire well, but the lever would be tricky to reach in your situation (and sticks up too far as well I guess!)

mikeselectricstuff:
Pluggable terminal blocks
Are probably the best bet. Easier for maintainance as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version