Author Topic: Ebay International Shipping (EIS) USA to the UK or not.  (Read 804 times)

Offline factoryTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Ebay International Shipping (EIS) USA to the UK or not.
« on: January 20, 2024, 11:04:58 pm »
Anyone else noticed a drop in the number of items on ebay in the USA that offer shipping to the UK?

Last year Ebay removed the "Global Shipping Programme" for sellers located in the USA and internalized this as "Ebay International Shipping" :bullshit: since then I've noticed fewer & fewer items have shipping to the UK, change the country in the drop down list to any other country (that isn't restricted for any shipping method), such as France, Egypt, Yemen e.t.c. and "Ebay International Shipping" is quite happy to send, only the UK seems excluded but it's not shown in the excluded country list, there are numerous threads on ePay forums but they don't seem interested in fixing the problem, example of the complaints on ePay forums; https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/EIS-not-offering-shipping-to-UK/td-p/34026140

Example of a listing with this problem, note: I've no interest in buying this item & have no connection with the seller. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364688024209

David
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 07:43:33 pm by factory »

Offline chilternview

• Regular Contributor
Re: Ebay International Shipping to the UK or not.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 03:01:29 am »
Yes. Sometime last summer (I think that was the approximate time) searching for items seemed to lose results from most US sellers if I was on ebay.co.uk. Switch to search on ebay.com and lo and behold, searches produced results but with the 'this seller does not ship to your location' problem.

I've sucessfully arranged for a courier to pick up a bit of Agilent kit from a seller who didn't want to arrange shipping themselves when asked. I did have to help the seller with completing the invoice and packing slip but DHL in the UK were very helpful - and it worked out cheaper than expected. It was also fast - with GSP items would often spend a week or more getting shipped from one US location to another before crossing the atlantic.

Offline audiotubes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 08:56:41 am »
GSP was a huge help to us after Brexit, but now that it's been cancelled and ebay does not deal with the paperwork, it is no longer reasonable to buy from my favorite UK shops or basically to buy anything from outside the EU on ebay.

Add my two thumbs down to yours :(
I have taken apart more gear than many people. But I have put less gear back together than most people. So there is still room for improvement.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 01:45:37 pm »
GSP was a huge help to us after Brexit, but now that it's been cancelled and ebay does not deal with the paperwork, it is no longer reasonable to buy from my favorite UK shops or basically to buy anything from outside the EU on ebay.

Add my two thumbs down to yours :(

No idea what you mean, "Global Shipping Programme" aka GSP still exists, just no longer available for sellers in the USA, I checked one of my listings on ebay.de and it shows shipping to your location via GSP.

Many business sellers can't be bothered with the paperwork, which has always existed between USA & EU. It's not hard to find the additional tariff codes. I sent items to France, Germany & Finland with no problems last year.

The problem I have is USA to the UK, with "Ebay International Shipping" only the UK* is singled out for most items and ePay don't give a damn.

*and countries with global trade bans from the USA.

Yes. Sometime last summer (I think that was the approximate time) searching for items seemed to lose results from most US sellers if I was on ebay.co.uk. Switch to search on ebay.com and lo and behold, searches produced results but with the 'this seller does not ship to your location' problem.

I've sucessfully arranged for a courier to pick up a bit of Agilent kit from a seller who didn't want to arrange shipping themselves when asked. I did have to help the seller with completing the invoice and packing slip but DHL in the UK were very helpful - and it worked out cheaper than expected. It was also fast - with GSP items would often spend a week or more getting shipped from one US location to another before crossing the atlantic.

This is exactly as I've found, I've used a third party search website (picclick) for years, as it's faster than ebay and clicking items that show shipping to "US & many other countries", then once you follow the link to ebay there is no UK shipping, as the pictures I added last night show.

I have used Transglobal Express in the past for USA items, DHL was the shipping option used, but this isn't an option for BIN items that might disappear, before you have a chance to ask the seller if they are OK with this* and sometimes they have to manually allow me to buy/bid, items are often sold before I get a reply.

*not everyone can wait in all day for a collection by DHL, or travel to a DHL shop.

David

Offline audiotubes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 02:42:48 pm »
Likewise, no idea what you mean...was trying to agree with you, but you're making it hard :D

Been using ebay for over 2 decades, and GSP has disappeared, replaced by "ebay international shipping" and I verified this with ebay.

Post a link if you want, and I'll check it. Otherwise, every single shop that I have used for many years that used to ship via GSP no longer does.
I have taken apart more gear than many people. But I have put less gear back together than most people. So there is still room for improvement.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 05:16:56 pm »
Some googling shows Ebay's GSP is (beying) phased out and replaced by international shipping. It looks like the calculations of additional VAT & duties and fees are implemented differently to get these more accurate. The UK being dropped might have to do with sellers know knowing where the UK is and they only select EU. Thank Boris the idiot for that...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 05:20:35 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 06:26:33 pm »
Likewise, no idea what you mean...was trying to agree with you, but you're making it hard :D

Been using ebay for over 2 decades, and GSP has disappeared, replaced by "ebay international shipping" and I verified this with ebay.

Post a link if you want, and I'll check it. Otherwise, every single shop that I have used for many years that used to ship via GSP no longer does.

Yes GSP has gone for sellers in the USA, some listings in the UK still have it, an example (no connection with the seller); https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285663666697

Of course sellers don't have to use GSP/EIS, they can send direct, this might explain why many business sellers (shops) don't ship to your location, same as those in Germany don't want to do the paperwork to send here.

Some googling shows Ebay's GSP is (beying) phased out and replaced by international shipping. It looks like the calculations of additional VAT & duties and fees are implemented differently to get these more accurate. The UK being dropped might have to do with sellers know knowing where the UK is and they only select EU. Thank Boris the idiot for that...

Again it was phased out in the USA, listings in the UK still have it, which may change in the future.

Boris has nothing to do with the problem this thread is about, i.e USA to UK sales changing in the last 6 months, please start a thread somewhere else to moan about other things, or don't as politics are against the rules.

There are a couple of pet topics that always get out of control on forums, namely, religion, politics, guns, war, conspiracy theories, and the latest Current Thing that's happening or being championed by the public. They are not welcome here.

David
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 06:31:24 pm by factory »

Online themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2024, 06:51:15 pm »
Boris has nothing to do with the problem this thread is about
Aint it? Maybe some sellers dont want to jump through sevral hoops,fill in a pile of paperwork or become unpaid tax collectors for the uk government.Brexit didn't just effect trade with europe.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 07:05:58 pm »
This is about "Ebay International Shipping" the seller doesn't do the paperwork, they send the item to a location in the USA and the ebay EIS service does the rest. There are some listings with EIS to the UK, just far fewer than 6 months ago.

David
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 07:10:54 pm by factory »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 07:11:35 pm »
Boris has nothing to do with the problem this thread is about
Aint it? Maybe some sellers dont want to jump through sevral hoops,fill in a pile of paperwork or become unpaid tax collectors for the uk government.Brexit didn't just effect trade with europe.
Indeed. Ask the average American where the UK is. 999 out of 1000 won't know so they won't select the UK as a country where they want to ship items to just to avoid extra questions and paperwork.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf