Author Topic: ELECTRICITY TO BE CONDUCTED INTO THE HUNGARIAN BORDER FENCE  (Read 5242 times)

Offline ZuccaTopic starter

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
https://dailynewshungary.com/breaking-news-electricity-conducted-border-fence/

Some reports a 900V voltage there, some others states it is just a "mild" shock, uh? May be a big R in series to limit the current..

Oh, well nobody there with damm Fluke to investigate further? They not even tell if it is AC or DC...  I would be interested on how this thing is build.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:21:00 am by zucca »
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
Re: ELECTRICITY TO BE CONDUCTED INTO THE HUNGARIAN BORDER FENCE
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:28:46 am »
https://dailynewshungary.com/breaking-news-electricity-conducted-border-fence/

Some reports a 900V voltage there, some others states it is just a "mild" shock, uh? May be a big R in series to limit the current..

Oh, well nobody there with damm Fluke to investigate further? They not even tell if it is AC or DC...  I would be intereseted how this thing is build.

You're too far mate, otherwise I'd sort it out for you   :-DMM

Offline NivagSwerdna

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 08:33:05 am »
https://www.agrisellex.co.uk/information/how-a-fence-works.html

I assume the principle is the same.  We had them everywhere where I grew up, the standard trick was to hold a bit of grass to the fence wire and if the fence was on you would get a twich.  Have happy memories of some trip with a friend where we were wandering around and sat down only to find ourselves sitting on a live section of excess coiled fence wire (often nylon with metal strands)... what larks!   :)

It would be difficult to climb a fence whilst being shocked.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Reverse-Engineering-an-Electric-Fence-Charger/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:37:50 am by NivagSwerdna »

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 08:33:33 am »
So what? You need to break a law to get electrocuted. 30 years ago, they were shooting at you if you crossed that border. There were also minefields.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 08:43:31 am »
Here's a comment from someone at a web post: 

"Is it AC or DC? if it’s AC, then all they’d have to do is clip an alligator clip to one side 9hot side) and they’d get free electricity, probably 240 V since its Europe. So, 240 V phase to ground.

On the other hand it could be 2 phases, but that would be still be 240 V AC phase-to-phase (in a Delta arrangement).

Or it could be a 120/208 three phase configuration and that means it would provide 208 phase-to-phase, or 120 V phase-to-ground.

It would be simple to check: Simply place one lead from the wires of a light bulb into earth ground, and then attach the other lead to either wire on the fence;
if EITHER wires lights the bulb, they are both hot (two phases); if only one wire causes the light bulb to light, then it’s likely that one wire is hot and the other is ground.

A third alternative would be Direct Current but that is highly unlikely because with DC, you can’t let go since it doesn’t go through 0 as the sine wave changes from positive to negative. (if you got shocked with AC you are only able to let go when the voltage reaches 0 degrees, i.e., neither negative nor positive).

So someone touching a hot Direct Current line would simply sit and there and burn up, until either their body burned through, or the power supply somehow provided an open circuit.

How much current it’s supplying is the determining factor, but with either 240 V AC or 240 V DC it would only take about 15 milliamps crossing your heart for a short time, maybe less than 30 seconds to stop your heart."

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:17:15 am by Electro Detective »

The following users thanked this post: Zucca

Offline ZuccaTopic starter

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:45:06 am by zucca »
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Online DimitriP

• Super Contributor
  • "Best practices" are best not practiced.© Dimitri
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 08:07:56 pm »
   If three 100  Ohm resistors are connected in parallel, and in series with a 200 Ohm resistor, how many resistors do you have? 

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 02:25:33 am »
If politics enters this thread I'll shut it down

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 04:08:22 am »
This is not unlikely to cause nasty RFI over a large area.

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 07:08:19 am »
Surely if it is just a complete metal fence that contacts to ground all along it electrifying it will be near impossible.

Offline tronde

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 03:42:10 pm »
Data for two types of energizers used for animal fences in Europe:

Charged energy 1.5J, open circuit voltage 11kV, 4.5kV if loaded with 500ohm. Suitable for 10km long fence.
Charged energy 5.5J, open circuit voltage 11.3kV, 5.7kV if loaded with 500ohm. Suitable for 20km long fence.

No explicit data for the pulse, but its indicated it should be slower than 1 pulse per second.

Offline BBBbbb

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 05:04:09 pm »
If it becomes operational, I doubt it will go any further than +10ish km from the main border crossings in the south.
Anyways seem as an overkill, since they already have choppers patrolling the border 24/7 an check points on all small roads near the border.
They've really taken this refugee immigration fight a bit too far.

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 05:32:10 pm »
you can never take it too far.
wait till they start flooding into serbia like they are into italy or spain or sweden - see if your attitude changes!!

personally i would just arrest the NGO's collecting them from the point of origin and lock them up forever.
them and their backers.

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 05:45:51 pm »
If it becomes operational, I doubt it will go any further than +10ish km from the main border crossings in the south.

If they have already built the wall that it is more hardest and costly , putting electric fence for all route is more easy. Besides, the installation and its maintanence will give to the politicians succulent commisions

Anyways seem as an overkill, since they already have choppers patrolling the border 24/7 an check points on all small roads near the border.
But they must dispose many people  for wide border, it is very expensive and cubersome logistic.

They've really taken this refugee immigration fight a bit too far.

When kick your gate of the home and get in 50 people at your home. How might feel you?

Offline RGB255_0_0

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 06:11:31 pm »
wait till they start flooding into serbia like they are into italy or spain or sweden - see if your attitude changes!!

personally i would just arrest the NGO's collecting them from the point of origin and lock them up forever.
them and their backers.
Maybe we should stop bombing them and then blaming them for coming here first.
Your toaster just set fire to an African child over TCP.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 06:12:38 pm »
We said no politics did we not ?

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 06:29:03 pm »

them and their backers.
Maybe we should stop bombing them and then blaming them for coming here first.

we bombed somalia and eritrea???
damn - i missed that!!

Offline BBBbbb

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 06:30:13 pm »
First they are not flooding Italy or Spain, Germany and Nordic countries primarily. Italy and Spain have issues from other countries. Serbia has seen more Syrian&co refugees than Spain and Italy.

If they have already built the wall that it is more hardest and costly , putting electric fence for all route is more easy. Besides, the installation and its maintenance will give to the politicians succulent commisions
You're not preventing animal to cross to be able to leave electrified fence unattended, it does almost nothing to eliminate presence of military/police along the borders.
And border crossings are organized by people that have been transferring contrabands for years in the region, do you think refugees know where and how to cross 5+ borders from middle east to Germany.

Actually this will hurt the wild life in the border region a lot.

When kick your gate of the home and get in 50 people at your home. How might feel you?
And ask for water? How would I feel? sorry for them, people that left everything behind, from once a decent country.
Many Hungarian families living near the border are leaving bottled water near the gates, so they don't get disturbed during the night.

The thing is your multiplying your efforts for a small increase in efficiency (and only Hungary is going this far), while the problem should be addressed more efficiently far from the European borders. But to go further into this is topic is impossible w/o politics... and Dave warned...

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 07:08:38 pm »
your missing the point,
most of these migrants arent from war-zones,
they are just trouble makers who have been promised blue-sky & free stuff by Soros-funded NGO's
I dont have new trainers etc. and a smart-fone with what looks like a global-roaming contract.
they all do.

and where are all the old people and women and kids?
and dont give me any bs about the odd "token" crying child they share around for the camera's!

it's organised economic sabotage - aka warfare, at a national level.
Soros and his scumbag friends need a bullet in the face.

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 07:10:38 pm »
Well the locking was obviously coming and here it is. The fence is no longer the subject of the topic.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf