Author Topic: ElectroBOOM sinking to new low in safety - what to do?  (Read 35337 times)

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
Re: ElectroBOOM sinking to new low in safety - what to do?
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2017, 03:38:20 am »
If it was a SGTC type of tesla coil, then yes, it will cause an EMC havoc. Otherwise not much likely.

I had to look SGTC up and yes, it used a spark gap.  The spark gap just by itself was so horrendously loud and bright that it was terrifying.

I've seen a .357 Magnum shoot through three telephone books and a gallon milk jug filled with water like it was nothing. (And that was from a revolver with only a 2" barrel!)

And apparently they used a Desert Eagle in .50 Action Express which, for those who are not familiar with it, is a rebated rim cartridge intended to be used in place of .44 magnum in self loading firearms.  What kind of book could she have even found which would stop that which one person could hold against their chest?  I suspect it would go through as many phone books as you could stack and hold in front of you.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2017, 05:08:03 pm »
Dumb never dies, err, wait...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-youtuber-shoots-kills-boyfriend-video-stunt-n777851

She claims it was his idea and he talked her into it.

That's got to be a Darwin Award winner.

Darwin loses this one on a technicality; she is pregnant with her dead boyfriend's child.  It only counts as a Darwin award if they die before reproducing.
If you're going to say that, then how many of the Darwin awards are genuine?

Plenty of men have illegitimate children they have no knowledge of and would surprise me if the figure is higher amongst those who die for stupid reasons: those who engage in risky behaviour are probably less likely to practise safe sex.

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2017, 05:58:52 pm »
Plenty of men have illegitimate children they have no knowledge of and would surprise me if the figure is higher amongst those who die for stupid reasons: those who engage in risky behavior are probably less likely to practice safe sex.

They beat Darwin also; their risky behavior was not risky as far as Darwin is concerned.

The news actually says they already had a daughter who is now 3 years old so the dead guy reproduced twice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf