Author Topic: CircuitBee  (Read 2103 times)

Offline insurgentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
CircuitBee
« on: July 27, 2011, 03:37:13 am »
Saw on /. today a blurb about a schematic sharing site called CircuitBee.
http://www.circuitbee.com/

You can upload schematics in KiCad natively and they have a Eagle to KiCad script for you to convert your Eagle files for upload.
Web interface allows you to zoom/pan/full screen schematic.

Currently a free/Alpha service. Hopefully they go with Advert support because I'm not too sure anyone would really want to pay. The TOS mentions a "Premium" account.  Unfortunately, you pre-adolescent sub-13 year olds are not allowed anywhere near the site as is the norm these days for our To-Catch-A-Predator society. Definitely has a nice potential for a clearing house of circuit designs to mine.

I do notice a lack of ability to specify a license for your uploaded schematics. Hopefully they will allow you to specify a CC license for your schematics. The do specify in the TOS that they don't have right to your stuff except for the ability to store it and process it for the web interface which is nice.

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
Re: CircuitBee
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:20:55 am »
Not to be a wet blanket, but how is this better than discovercircuits.com?

Offline insurgentTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: CircuitBee
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 04:39:43 am »
Not to be a wet blanket, but how is this better than discovercircuits.com?
By no means are you being a wet blanket. I'd never seen discovercircuits before.
However, on first glance, DC web site doesn't render properly in Chrome and it renders diagrams in PDF. CB seems to be a more modern web site and uses the CANVAS tag to render the schematics allowing for more "interactivity" (full screen, drag to pan, etc). PDF however is good for storing locally so I hope CircuitBee decides to provide a PDF export.

But hey, competition is nothing but good for the end users!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf