Author Topic: Elizabeth Holmes convicted of fraud  (Read 46697 times)

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Re: Elizabeth Holmes convicted of fraud
« Reply #400 on: June 01, 2023, 08:39:44 pm »
Still it takes away the most important aspect of life: freedom.
Freedom of movement, but don't forget freedom of choice as what to eat, what to watch, what to spent time on etc. etc. Even in a cell with a toilet, tv, etc. you will suffer from the loss of choice, or loss of control over your body and live.

The following users thanked this post: SiliconWizard, MrMobodies

Offline MrMobodiesTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2023, 12:14:10 am »
That's interesting, I wonder what the toilet facilities are like in there.

Are they allowed to go anytime they like with privacy or do they "slop out" in front of everybody like they do in some prisons in England from their cell.

I can't find seem to find anything about the toilets in that prison.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2023, 03:24:32 am »
That's interesting, I wonder what the toilet facilities are like in there.
Are they allowed to go anytime they like with privacy or do they "slop out" in front of everybody like they do in some prisons in England from their cell.
I can't find seem to find anything about the toilets in that prison.

https://www.kten.com/story/49002678/what-elizabeth-holmes-life-in-prison-could-look-like

But according to Mark MacDougall, a longtime white-collar defense lawyer and former federal prosecutor, the prison won’t be a walk in the park for Holmes.
“I think people who talk about ‘Camp Fed’ have never actually been inside a federal correctional institution,” MacDougall told CNN. “It’s not a place where people would want to spend time if they could be somewhere else.”
FPC Bryan will likely be heavily populated with white-collar offenders, according MacDougall. Housing at FPC Bryan typically consists of dormitory-style arrangements featuring a four-bunk cubicle and communal bath facilities, he said.
“There’s no privacy,” he said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/federal-prison-camp-bryan-texas-elizabeth-theranos-b2348743.html

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Offline .RC.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #403 on: June 02, 2023, 03:34:28 am »
Would not be surprised if the "mental illness" card is played and much time is spent in prison hospital or elsewhere.  You can be sure she will have friends in high places that will have influence for her holiday.

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #404 on: June 02, 2023, 05:13:37 am »
“The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons.”
― Fyodor Dostoevsky

It can be very expensive to treat prisoners like animals. Unless you can afford to incarcerate them forever they will eventually be released.

Offline .RC.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #405 on: June 02, 2023, 07:25:07 am »

It can be very expensive to treat prisoners like animals. Unless you can afford to incarcerate them forever they will eventually be released.

The Edo people on Rubicun III did not have that problem.  :)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #407 on: June 04, 2023, 10:50:00 pm »
Apparently she's in "isolation"
Yeah, we knew that all along. Totally divorced from reality.

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #408 on: June 04, 2023, 11:47:38 pm »
Looks like no jail bird I've ever seen.

:-\
iratus parum formica

• Super Contributor
« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2023, 12:15:27 am »
They keep on saying that she is "disgraced".

Is that what she is wearing in prison?
With a watch and a ring.

That don't look very disgraced to me but more like she just works there.

“You’re in the shower and the guard [could] come in there to see what you’re up to,” Espejo told The Post.
Good and I expect they do that everywhere else and not just the showers alone.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 12:19:15 am by MrMobodies »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2023, 01:28:06 am »
They keep on saying that she is "disgraced".
Is that what she is wearing in prison?
With a watch and a ring.
That don't look very disgraced to me but more like she just works there.

Welcome to Club Fed.

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2023, 04:16:11 am »
Bryan Inmate Admission & Orientation Handbook pg. 9: Family and friends can send inmates money towards their "deposit fund".
So what's the point of the cheezy $0.12-$0.40/hour inmate wage?  Just to discriminate against truly poor people I guess?

edit: Muh caviar I guess she could pull some strings  :-DD
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 04:25:36 am by floobydust »

Offline .RC.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2023, 08:08:36 am »

“You’re in the shower and the guard [could] come in there to see what you’re up to,” Espejo told The Post.

Sounds like a movie I am told you used to buy via mail order. ;D

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2023, 09:21:28 am »
Would not be surprised if the "mental illness" card is played and much time is spent in prison hospital or elsewhere.  You can be sure she will have friends in high places that will have influence for her holiday.

I thought most of her friends had abandoned her, after she scammed many of them for millions of dollars over Theranos and then lied through her teeth about it.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2023, 04:37:09 pm »
pg. 9: Family and friends can send inmates money towards their "deposit fund".
So what's the point of the cheezy $0.12-$0.40/hour inmate wage?  Just to discriminate against truly poor people I guess?

Looks like a very big watch to me.

https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/bry/BRY_commlist_032119.pdf
MP3 PLAYER $88.40
What if that watch she is wearing has an MP3 player in it?

edit: Muh caviar I guess she could pull some strings  :-DD
Maybe the same strings that helped her avoid going into a normal prison because "she is not violent".

« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 05:21:42 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2023, 04:56:20 pm »
The 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."  (emphasis added)

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2023, 07:49:48 pm »
You think she should be hammering on the rock pile?  This seems to be a cushy prison with a few micro-punishments.
Oh the torture, prison-price gouging for pop $6.40, coffee $9.30 for Tasters Choice, hair colour, Oil of Olay, makeup can be bought. Caviar is not listed.
That's almost 25 hours work for a pop at med. rate. Why can you buy Men's Degree Deodorant? Must be for the conjugal visits.

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2023, 10:09:42 pm »
You think she should be hammering on the rock pile?

Yes.
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2023, 11:32:51 pm »
You think she should be hammering on the rock pile?

Yes.

I think nonviolent offenders like this should be put to work doing something useful for the community. Bring back chain gangs of a sort, except have them scrubbing graffiti off of downtown areas and picking up trash along the highway. Maybe hire them out as yard crews pulling weeds. Forcing someone like Holmes with a taste for luxury to perform menial dirty jobs in view of all the random people like that is probably worse punishment than sitting in prison, and it actually does something of value for the rest of society.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2023, 02:00:24 am »
The 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."  (emphasis added)

12 cents an hour covers that nicely  ;D

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2023, 02:23:30 am »
Still it takes away the most important aspect of life: freedom.
Freedom of movement, but don't forget freedom of choice as what to eat, what to watch, what to spent time on etc. etc. Even in a cell with a toilet, tv, etc. you will suffer from the loss of choice, or loss of control over your body and live.

I wonder how long it takes to sink in that 11 years is a long freaking time?
Although isn't hear appeal still technically continuing?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 02:27:46 am by EEVblog »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2023, 03:06:32 am »
Maybe that field day of hers won't last long and she'll sink in prison at some point.

So if she becomes violence she can claim "mental illness" to prevent her from going into a normal prison.
I am waiting to see what influence she may have over than prison.

I thought most of her friends had abandoned her, after she scammed many of them for millions of dollars over Theranos and then lied through her teeth about it.
Lied beyond her teeth through her lawyers, David Boies, who got taken by it and I remember according to documentaries and interviews I saw a couple of years ago of him buying some kind of shares in her company as part payment for defending what came out of her mouth and also George Shultz in an interview said something about Boies acting like an animal with the way he attacked his grandson, Tyler Shultz in front of him at the time when Elizabeth Holmes was claiming to him that the blood testing machines were being tested in the military right now.

Speaking of "mental illness" I wonder how she'd look with genuine nervous breakdown in there.

Forcing someone like Holmes with a taste for luxury to perform menial dirty jobs in view of all the random people like that is probably worse punishment than sitting in prison, and it actually does something of value for the rest of society.
Instead of all that prison psychology/counseling/wellbeing nonsense that may change her for the best when she experiences what the other half maybe forced to do.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 02:12:31 pm by MrMobodies »

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #422 on: June 10, 2023, 07:05:43 pm »
What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
I'm gonna have some fun
;D

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #423 on: June 10, 2023, 09:22:47 pm »
She's in 5 days, had her first prison visit, 7 hours long with husband and family at a lovely picnic grounds.
Her vegan diet is likely out, love those prison beef tacos and hot dogs lol. There is no punishment, it's just inconvenience... for a long time. The ma and pa investors that are broke now, they're hurting worse.

Goodbye "green juice" smoothies, all the rage with CEO's, pop stars and Silicon Valley. I've never known a vegan living off them that isn't a nutbar. I think vegans don't get enough protein and tryptophan- which the brain requires, and they get a bit mental.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #424 on: June 10, 2023, 10:35:22 pm »
The ma and pa investors that are broke now, they're hurting worse.

I wonder if the blood testing victims who believed their results that suggested that were sick or their illness returned got hurt much worse than that for a bit. According to the documentary I saw that they went for tests at other clinics/labs that put them in the clear but I remembered some of them complaining about the costs of the tests.

Joke: It looks like the investors won't be able to rest as they are now stuck with their horrifying Theranos result that is permanent as Elizabeth Holmes and Sunny Balwani may never pay the restitution.

Daily Mail comment:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12092549/Theranos-fraudster-Elizabeth-Holmes-ordered-repay-Rupert-Murdoch-entire-125-MILLION-invested.html
Rammed Earth, Malibu, United States, 5 days ago

I'm convinced she uses a form of hypnosis on people around her. She lowers her voice and speaks monotone, using certain eye movements that can be effective on vulnerable people. Her partner is much younger and very immature. His parents were trying to do an intervention to get him away from her early in the relationship and then suddenly they flipped and became her boosters. I think she used hypnosis on the whole bunch of them.
I like the explanation but I wonder is that what she learn't somewhere at Harvard before she dropped out and I don't mean the medical school.

I'd am looking forward to see what happens when she uses this "hypnosis" of her's on the guards and inmates.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 10:52:27 pm by MrMobodies »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf