Author Topic: engineering jokes  (Read 45043 times)

Offline mrflibble

• Super Contributor
Re: engineering jokes
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2021, 05:33:02 pm »
In Case of Fire:
git commit
git push
git blame
git outa the building

That git-dramatize-upstream command mentioned earlier gives me an idea though. Something along the lines of "GPT-3 + github + 4chan">:D Possibly with a flame fest preprocessor. Mmmh, now that I think about it ... there is bound to be someone else who already implemented it.

Offline Canis Dirus Leidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2021, 06:11:40 pm »
Ehh?
Code: [Select]
$ man -k drama
drama: nothing appropriate.
Behold the power of Markov chains!
Code: [Select]
git-taunt-mailing-list - incorrectly taunts non-performed downstream mailing lists outside other reset stash entries, modifies setups, etc.
P.S. In reality, this is, of course, just example of random text generator works. But sometimes it's funny.

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2021, 08:53:04 pm »
git-piss-off-torvalds - posts request to rewrite the kernel in C++ to the kernel mailing list.
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2021, 09:28:15 pm »
Newly minted engineer is looking for a job when he stumbles across a huge engineering facility being built. Sign says 'help wanted' , so he walks in and asks where he can apply. One of the builders directs him to the foremans office. The engineer thinks this is odd but goes nonetheless. Knocks at the door and asks if he can hand his resume. The foreman looks him over and says " don't need that, you can start immediately, we're very short staffed. Oh wow, what luck the engineer thinks. The foreman takes him outside the mobile office , points ot a pile of dirt and says "see that pile of dirt ? it needs to be moved over there." The engineers says " oh , but .. i'm an engineer and" , the foreman interrupts him mid sentence and says "Ah, Ok, let me explain it again then"
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

The following users thanked this post: lapm, BU508A

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf