Author Topic: enterprise motherboard  (Read 3303 times)

Offline EEVadityaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
enterprise motherboard
« on: January 09, 2017, 05:18:14 pm »
Hello,

I am looking for Enterprise/Business class motherboard.Which can be used for professional works like java programs, Electronics CAD Designs etc.

Should be supportive to latest technology like Core i7 , windows 10

Kindly guide.It should be for highly professional works.

Offline senso

• Frequent Contributor
    • My AVR tutorials
Re: enterprise motherboard
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »
Looking for some strange combo of features(entreprise Intel Management features for example)?
If not even the most basic H110 will support anything from Celeron to i7 Skylake and maybe Kaby Lake CPU's.

If not, state your budged and where are you located, because a computer should not be build as individual parts but as a whole..

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 05:29:43 pm »
Just buy a professional workstation from Dell or HP. It will have better airflow/cooling (less noise and a longer life) and less problems with incompatible hardware.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: EEVaditya

Offline suicidaleggroll

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:44:37 pm »
I've found Supermicro's workstation motherboards to be very solid.  It's a little odd that you'd be asking for an enterprise/business class motherboard when you plan on pairing it with an i7 though.  Enterprise/business class typically means xeon, ECC ram, etc.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 05:49:12 pm »
Hello,

I am looking for Enterprise/Business class motherboard.Which can be used for professional works like java programs, Electronics CAD Designs etc.

Should be supportive to latest technology like Core i7 , windows 10

Kindly guide.It should be for highly professional works.

Budget ?

Offline Urs42

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 06:05:54 pm »
Just buy a professional workstation from Dell or HP. It will have better airflow/cooling (less noise and a longer life) and less problems with incompatible hardware.

I had about four dead Dell Server power supplies, all had the same fault, a dead 85°c capacitor and this was the only 85°c capacitor in that power supply model. Is this a coincidence? I'm not sure...

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 06:38:55 pm »
I'm pretty sure any brand has issues if you sell a high enough volume but that doesn't negate the fact that larger companies fit hundreds of desks with Dell or HP machines instead of 'self built' (assembled from parts in an ATX case) systems.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 06:45:07 pm »
Supermicro. I can personally vouch for many of their products going back to about 1998-1999. I highly recommend their gear in high-end workstation machines or server applications.

Offline calexanian

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 07:20:07 pm »
Oh darn. I was expecting something Star Trek related.

Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

The following users thanked this post: elgonzo

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 08:07:34 pm »

If anything the cooling in Dell/HP systems is subpar, they die like all of them have cancer, and they don't work with jack. There is no reason to buy a Dell/HP system unless you are buying so many hundreds of systems that if 20-30 die it's not a big deal.

The best suggestion I have is Supermicro, but whenever you build a computer, the budget comes first, and then the parts.
If you have a 500$ budget you are gonna be buying different parts than if you have a 2000$ budget.

Supermicro is your friend, though. They are the cream of the crop in the high end motherboard world. ASUS, ASROCK, MSI, Gigabyte, BIOSTAR, and EVGA are also good manufacturers.

And take a lesson from Dell's mistakes, buy a good PSU, if it's not a good brand name, it's not worth buying. There have been probably millions of Dell and HP computers that have died due to the PSU. And when PSUs blow, they normally take something else with.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline senso

• Frequent Contributor
    • My AVR tutorials
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 08:47:20 pm »
I'm pretty sure any brand has issues if you sell a high enough volume but that doesn't negate the fact that larger companies fit hundreds of desks with Dell or HP machines instead of 'self built' (assembled from parts in an ATX case) systems.

That one is simple, they arrive ready made, with the OS pre-installed and ready to use, if it dies you get another one, slap the image for whatever department that guy/girl is, and he is back online with almost zero downtime, my company uses custom systems where needed, but its a case that is avoided, because non standard in a company just confuses less IT-literate people.

And with companies like Dell/Hp you can just pay X per month and get new computers every 2 or 3 years, just arrange a contract with them and off you go.

In reality, buing a pre-built for home usage is soooo wrong, they use custom MB's that wont play nice with gpu upgrades, the bios are super locked down, the PSU's are no name el-cheap, the cases are horrid, and they are slapped together by some low wage kid and get bang-shipped to where they are needed.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 09:16:01 pm »
In reality, buing a pre-built for home usage is soooo wrong, they use custom MB's that wont play nice with gpu upgrades, the bios are super locked down, the PSU's are no name el-cheap, the cases are horrid, and they are slapped together by some low wage kid and get bang-shipped to where they are needed.
That is certainly true for the consumer crap so you have to stay away from those. Always get the computers intended for office/business use. My kids went through several Dell workstations each over the past decade and even with a fair amount of abuse (like loading the CPU 100% for hours due to the stupid flash games) their machines have been very reliable. Also a GPU upgrade worked plug & play. I used to build my own PCs from parts but I've switched to the professional workstations from Dell because I can't match the low noise levels and cooling ducts the machines from Dell (and HP) have using off-the-shelve parts.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:25:53 pm by nctnico »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf