Author Topic: EU mandantory chat control  (Read 15973 times)

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: EU mandantory chat control
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2023, 06:16:28 pm »
Iā€™m not aware of any democratic country that elects  its civil service
The civil service are very powerful and are a huge threat to democracy. They decide often went to enforce various rules. Take Ofcom, the UK's mainstream media regulator for example. They decide what can be broadcast and will slap huge fines on broadcasters who say things which they believe break the rules. It clearly isn't the government who runs the country.

Online magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2023, 07:43:16 pm »
This is just abject scaremongering   , and conflating different things. The danger of lead poisoning is long understood and has been proven. Hence stop mixing up entirely different issues.
Sexual assault is long understood and proven to affect more people today than lead poisoning.
It's not scaremongering; it is actually a great news that the EU finally gangs up with Big Tech to stop it.
Are you a pedophile or do you hate women? ;)

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2023, 07:59:25 pm »
This is just abject scaremongering   , and conflating different things. The danger of lead poisoning is long understood and has been proven. Hence stop mixing up entirely different issues.
Sexual assault is long understood and proven to affect more people today than lead poisoning.
It's not scaremongering; it is actually a great news that the EU finally gangs up with Big Tech to stop it.
Are you a pedophile or do you hate women? ;)
I presume you're not retarded so there's no risk of you getting lead poisoning from leaded solder, which also can make you retarded. Lead free solder presents more health hazards, than leaded. It requires higher temperatures, thus increasing the risk of burns and a much stronger flux, which is linked to asthma and other breathing problems.

Offline GridWork

• Contributor
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2023, 09:11:01 pm »
Absolutely not mocking, you summarized a lot of points that I have been thinking. Just need to get more people thinking the same.

Well said! By chance do you have a newsletter. :)
(I can't read the subtext and tell whether you're mocking me or not!  Me fail English :P)

No, I have no newsletter, nor even any message, because I don't really know exactly what we should do to do better. :-\

Like everyone else, I have ideas of what kind of world would be better than what we have now, but that's just an opinion.  Everyone has opinions and wishes, right?  What matters is what we do, how we go about changing things for the better.

I personally do not know what kind of actions would actually yield better results.  I know that if I had the power to implement my wishes, I would be one of the worst dictators ever in history, even in the off chance that future generations lauded me for the eventual results.  You see, the intent and the goal does not justify the means in politics and governance: it is the path ā€“ everyday living ā€“ that matters more than the intentions or goals.  Maybe one in fifty dictators has been actually somewhat benevolent, historically speaking, and they usually did just small things and had no Grand Plans for their people to perform, other than live and prosper.  I would not wager much on myself being in that 2%.

If anything, I advocate small local changes, observing the effects, and learning from the results.  Right now in most Western countries we're progressing emotions and ideologies first, based on beliefs (and at best, carefully filtered scientific advise), instead of logic and rational thought; with young activists advocating huge radical changes without much proof that those changes are likely to yield positive rather than negative results.
But I cannot change how people express themselves, and I cannot force people to think or learn from history.

So, no newsletter, no message, no sermons here.  Just observations and tiny tentative suggestions for individuals, as that is the best I can do, I think.

Offline GridWork

• Contributor
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2023, 09:15:48 pm »
Even if you would succeed in making some huge change for the, what we think is, better, in the long run it gets destroyed by human nature again.

There will always be people that don't agree with the way things are or feel left behind or think they are entitled to more then they get, and start wrecking what otherwise could be a perfect system.

I too have ideas about this but would probably be an even worse dictator for some  >:D

A thought experiment:
Would it be possible to set up a society where profit is not on the table, and things like inflation, deflation and economic growth are not a thing. A system where money is not a product but just a means. But still with some difference in status of and reward for the work you do. And when you want more it is possible with working for it. Like better yourself through education. And yes for some this would proof to be impossible, and for these their should be some basic support structure.

Utopia, I know, but think about it, and how it would collapse due to human nature.

This is ultimately the problem, that we are human. Hence as uncomfortable as it might be, individual freedom is the most important resource. The ability to better our lives, our children's lives, our communities lives all comes from individual freedom. Corporate and government monopolies of force ultimately just create a class structure that becomes a positive feedback system. More power begets more resources and more power.

From a systems perspective, negative feedback is required for a stable system.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2023, 05:43:27 am »
From a systems perspective, negative feedback is required for a stable system.

But that is the whole problem. There is no stable system, there never was and I fear there never will be. There have been times of growth, but also times of severe hardship, and no one can tell what lies ahead of us, but at the moment it is not looking good.

Here in France it is strike upon strike due to people being unhappy with the prospect of having to work longer and living becoming more expensive. The Netherlands, a country normally full with docile sheep, is seeing more willingness to strike. That is the negative feedback you are talking about, but it is not bringing stability. It only makes things worse, because of the spiral effect that is at the grounds of it all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf