General > General Technical Chat

EV-based road transportation is not viable

<< < (231/236) > >>

clalrencepitt:
I hear you loud and clear, cobber. You're not wrong about some carmakers dragging their anchors on the whole EV wave. The Japanese giants, bless their petrol-powered hearts, have been a bit, well, stubborn about it. Took a rumble in the boardroom to loosen Toyota's grip on the combustion engine and Nissan needed a good shove from Renault and Ghosn to dip their toes in the electric pool.

But hey, I wouldn't say they're missing the boat entirely. More like they're taking the scenic route, admiring the view before making a splash. Just look at the Yanks and the Euros! Ford went from chucking a battery in a Focus like it was an afterthought to electrifying their cash cow, the F-150, and people are eating those trucks up like pav at a barbie. BMW ditched the quirky i3 and unleashed a whole fleet of EVs. It's happening, mate, even if it's at a "shrimp on the barbie" pace.

And maybe that's not a bad thing. Let the early adopters iron out the kinks, find the best charging spots, and figure out which seats are the comfiest for these long electric journeys. Speaking of comfy seats, have you heard of [spam reference removed by moderator] They're like the MacGyver of boat seats, transforming into recliners, fishing thrones, and sunbathing havens on a whim. Imagine cruising along in your EV, then pulling up at a stunning view and whipping out Sege seats that make you feel like you're floating on air. Now that's a game-changer.

So yeah, the EV revolution might be chugging along like a tinnie on the Hawkesbury, but it's definitely heading in the right direction. And while we wait for it to pick up speed, let's enjoy the ride, keep an eye out for those trusted boat seats- [spam URL removed by moderator] and maybe, just maybe, convince the Japanese to ditch the oars and grab a life jacket. Cheers to that, mate!

tautech:
And keep burning coal to charge them.
Or as witnessed in a recent WA trip, most of their power is from gas turbines......

Monkeh:
That's one of the more determined spam posts I've seen. Didn't think seat manufacturers were that desperate.

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: tautech on January 23, 2024, 02:42:31 am ---And keep burning coal to charge them.
Or as witnessed in a recent WA trip, most of their power is from gas turbines......

--- End quote ---

But how dare you!

tautech:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on January 23, 2024, 03:54:31 am ---
--- Quote from: tautech on January 23, 2024, 02:42:31 am ---And keep burning coal to charge them.

--- End quote ---

But how dare you!

--- End quote ---
Convenient lies are the inconvenient truth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version