Author Topic: Arrow, hassle-free-shipment-ddp-delivered-duty-paid  (Read 2485 times)

Offline MTTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Arrow, hassle-free-shipment-ddp-delivered-duty-paid
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:18:50 pm »
 stumbled on this while looking for other distributors of STM32 then Farnell whos prices is jerking up and down
all the time and has no stock, no idea if this is news at all , Arrow tries to catch up with the rest...perhaps?!
This time its DHL then UPS.

https://www.arrow.com/en/research-and-events/articles/hassle-free-shipment-ddp-delivered-duty-paid

This means:

- You place the order, and we handle the shipping arrangements from our warehouse to your shipping address.
   - No need to clear the goods for transport – we take care of that for you.
   - We clear the items for import and cover all the costs and procedures.
   - The responsibility is ours if items in your order are lost or damaged during transport.
   - All costs associated with taxes, customs, and export licenses are covered by Arrow.

Offline olkipukki

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Arrow, hassle-free-shipment-ddp-delivered-duty-paid
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:34:17 pm »
Yep, they are getting better every year, probably realised that there is a big marker of  small buyers!

A few years ago you need to place order at least $300 for a free shipping, not any more.
Frequently 10% discounts on orders these days.

I like having an option to pay via PayPal too (not available on Mouser, Digi-Key, Farnell, Avnet etc.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:36:06 pm by olkipukki »

Offline aabbcc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 10:52:51 am »
Was looking for some PITA to find bourns slider pots, Arrow were the only one that had them in stock. AND with free shipping (fedex, ups, dhl) and no minimum order quantity.

Super win since I always seem to forget some single items or some random shit that is out of stock at mouser, free shipping to Sweden is a real killer deal.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:13:39 pm »
Mentioned my issues here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/arrow-provide-free-rapspberry-pi-3-b-on-order-above-50-usd/

One package was damaged (not entirely their fault, but there was no padding).
They shipped a ~10 item order in 4 separate boxes, even though checkout said single shipment.
Will update to see what sort of response they provide.

edit: apparently they will send a replacement so all is good in the world!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:04:28 pm by thm_w »
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf