Author Topic: Forum Issues?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Forum Issues?
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:37:36 am »
Hi!

There's some problems I'm with this Forum at the moment, on several PCs, my phone, etc., that I can't find a specific answer for:-

1) Search pages return nothing, even on search terms where there's bound to be loads of posts;

2) I can't post anything - when I try to reply to Repair threads with further suggestions I get bounced back to "Welcome Guest" - my login isn't being maintained;

3) Even when a Search finds something, the topic post goes straight back to the beginning of the Sub-Forum Topic instead of opening the page where the search related to!

Are the Mods aware of these and similar issues?

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
Re: Forum Issues?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:44:49 am »
can you reply here?
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:10:31 am »
Can't say I've seen anyone experiencing these issues? Is your browser perhaps blocking cookies or are you running some kind of ad blocker/cleaning utility?

Offline Yansi

• Super Contributor
  • STM32, STM8, AVR, 8051
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 10:20:30 am »
I add one more, noticed few days back:

When uploading multiple images as an atachment and using them as in-text full-size ones, forum randomly? scrambles their IDs, so you have to then edit your post and fix it.  |O

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 10:23:11 am »
Do you stay logged into the forum? Try logging off  and signing in again.

I don't have that problem and if others were it would be reported quite obviously.

Since you have the problem on several different devices it is likely a forum server issue. Maybe Dave or Gnif will need to look at the server logs and see if an error message suggests a problem.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 10:32:34 am »
I add one more, noticed few days back:

When uploading multiple images as an atachment and using them as in-text full-size ones, forum randomly? scrambles their IDs, so you have to then edit your post and fix it.  |O
Yep. I characterized the buggy image behavior in the thread discussing the new image plugins. They added two plugins at once, and they either don’t tolerate each other well, and/or they are buggy to begin with. So depending on how you add the images, you’re using one plugin or the other, and the behavior gets messy.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:43:22 am by tooki »

The following users thanked this post: Yansi

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 10:50:49 am »
To the OP - that's a poorly defined problem.

For starters, it would help if we knew what browser and O/S were being used on each device.

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 11:16:37 am »
To OP: The forum works fine for me.  Try deleting all cookies.  If still not working, you probably have a malware, a strange multiplatform one, or maybe some sort of Internet routing problem.

When uploading multiple images as an atachment and using them as in-text full-size ones, forum randomly? scrambles their IDs, so you have to then edit your post and fix it.

To me they are not really scrambled, just shifted.  The second inline attached image becomes the first, and the first becomes the last.

Also, it would be nice if inline thumbnails will open still inline, and not in another page.
Another kind request will be for inline images to fit in the width of the current window, without left-right scrollbar.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 12:22:30 pm »
Yep. Those bugs are all documented in the thread I linked. None of the admins responded to any of the reports.

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 08:30:21 pm »
Hi!

I'm having the issues described both on my phone, which is a brand new Moto G6 running Android 8.0.0 and Google Chrome, the issues are on my home pc, running Windows 7 Ultimate and latest Google Chrome, and the issues are also on my work PC running W7 Enterprise and Firefox – my Employer's PC's all run off a server in Poland for reasons only known to themselves!

I have tried deleting cookies and browsing data on my phone and home PC but it hasn't helped!

I started having the issues after I came back from holiday – unfortunately I lost my old phone on a bus in Los Angeles, but I don't remember having problems with my old phone, which ran Android 5.0 Lollipop!

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 04:01:03 am »
Please raise your hand if you cannot hear me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf