Author Topic: Freelancer.com & can one post here instead if looking for someone to write code?  (Read 792 times)

Online peter-hTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Doing electronics since the 1960s...
I frequently have a need for someone to write a little utility, mostly win32 command line stuff.

One recent one was a crc32 appending program. Another was an aes256 encryptor (and no, existing progs didn't work for various reasons e.g. they add a header). Another was a simple GUI prog which displays a 64k block (as a square of 256x256 sprites) in a colour coded manner so you can easily see unused FreeRTOS stack space etc (really handy). Most of these were done for under $100, and done well. The system does basically work, and provides work for clever people in less wealthy countries, so that's great.

Right now I am trying to get a serial loopback program written which can work not only between different com ports but also do loopback on the same single com port. Really simple and anybody who knows MC VC/C++ and how to drive com ports could do this in a few hours. But this one is a real struggle. One $100 guy, Ukraine (as many on Freelancer are, or pretend to be, and I know a lof of these are very clever), wrote something which seemed to sort of work but forgot about the single port case. I think I have found somebody to finish it off, for $120. I actually have a GUI loopback tester from 2004 which would do the job but it doesn't work with the single port case; hacking that would be another option.

The biggest problem is time wasters (half of India and Pakistan responds within 1 minute, with bids :) so they obviously never read the spec) and people who cannot speak or understand English. The last one is the biggest issue - comms is really hard. Then you get the "Russian culture" cases who tend to be rude (I am from that part of the world myself, but from a place Russia invaded a while ago). There are people on there from the "West" but they want silly money - a full contractor daily rate, and if paying that, I could get it done by people I know, here.

Is there some other site out there which works better? Or can one post on EEVBLOG? I know incidentally there are people here who are damn clever and obviously could do it.

Z80 Z180 Z280 Z8 S8 8031 8051 H8/300 H8/500 80x86 90S1200 32F417

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
There is an EEVblog section to post jobs:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/jobs/

• Super Contributor
Those are normal jobs though, no?

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Have you read the "READ THIS" sticky and locked post there, in the jobs section?

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

• Super Contributor
Have you read the "READ THIS" sticky and locked post there, in the jobs section?

Yes - it states

This board is for posting job opportunities in the electronics design and related industries.
Commercial companies are welcome provided they don't spam and run, you must stick around & answer questions.
NO HR droids or recruitment companies!

Please use a suitable title that describes the position, your country and city, and whether full time, part time, or contract. e.g. "OZ: Sydney - Contract PCB Designer wanted"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf