Author Topic: Good old sexism in police codes  (Read 12035 times)

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
Re: Good old sexism in police codes
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 04:57:07 pm »
Hmmm....  Sounded like you just got another speeding ticket or something.  You don't seem to like them...  Any particular reason?

Only what I've seen them do to others when they're bored and fancy throwing their weight around for no reason* or want to get one of their off duty mates out of trouble. I've never had any hassle from them personally except for getting a driving ban for speeding on my push bike when I was 16**. But just because I've never personally been targeted for unfair treatment doesn't mean I can turn a blind eye to how they can and have treated others in my presence. And if a good cop covers for them or ignores what they do they aren't a good cop any more as far as I'm concerned.

*They've never done that to me, I'd like to think it has nothing to do with my size. Like to.

**And TBH that was sort of fair, I was doing almost 70 in a 30 limit.
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 04:59:14 pm »
I've never had any hassle from them personally except for getting a driving ban for speeding on my push bike when I was 16**.

**And TBH that was sort of fair, I was doing almost 70 in a 30 limit.
How did you manage to do 70mph on a push bike?

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 05:03:38 pm »
I would think "there is no code for male motorist needs assistance" might be better read "this list has no such code".  I have seen a number of these lists of 10 codes.  They are of varying length and content.  Unless there is an ISO type organization with a formal standard for the codes the sexism may well be in the list generator, not necessarily the code.

While todays society has little room or need for sexism, under other circumstances it makes lots of sense.  Think of two populations.  One has 99% of its females killed, the other 99% of its males.  Which will recover from the disaster more quickly?  There are other less extreme examples.

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 05:11:09 pm »
How did you manage to do 70mph on a push bike?

Downhill fixed tail mountain bike with high ratio gearing on the middle and largest chainring on the chainset*. Could go faster on a decent surfaced steep road instead of the flat lol.

That time my mate who was following me rear bearings welded themselves to the spindle, after that we always paid extra attention to the lubricants used. He was very very lucky it wasn't the front wheel that seized up.

*Smallest chainring was standard, it was my bike for getting around and not just for going nuts on.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:28:08 pm by Mechanical Menace »
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf