Author Topic: Google announcement missing April 1 by a couple of months.  (Read 24183 times)

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
Re: Google announcement missing April 1 by a couple of months.
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:19 am »
I have little doubt that they are doing the same thing but good luck using any evidence gathered that way in a criminal prosecution.

It's easier than you think. It's called evidence laundering.

http://theprogressivecynic.com/2013/08/14/mission-creep-in-the-nsas-surveillance-and-dea-evidence-laundering

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 09:42:56 am »
Otherwise known as "reverse construction"; surprisingly common. Using illegal tactics to determine guilt, then using that information to construct an apparently legitimate evidence chain. That's gestapo-style policing there.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 02:47:10 pm »

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:59:36 pm by wraper »

n45048

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »
That can’t be. According to Mr.Halon people in law enforcement are all fine, honest , upstanding people who would never abuse any special powers. Mr. Halon says it, so it must be so, we should all just blindly trust that they are only protecting us.

Now you're just being idiotic. Stop "quoting" things I never said.

As I said before, it seems this is another endless argument so I'm stopping right here. You have your opinion and I have mine. It just seems like you're tarnishing every other agency in the world (whether you have a working knowledge of them or not) based on a few corrupt practices from other countries and your knowledge comes largely from the media (because of course they have all the facts report everything accurately).

You sound typical of someone who will jump up and down and make a lot of noise about an issue (which in this case you've demonstrated minimal knowledge about), but then if something happens to you, you're the first to scream "why didn't Police do anything about it?".

Please, don't waste anymore time posting rubbish because I won't waste my time reading it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:13:45 pm by Halon »

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2014, 11:03:53 pm »
You sound typical of someone who will jump up and down and make a lot of noise about an issue (which in this case you've demonstrated minimal knowledge about), but then if something happens to you, you're the first to scream "why didn't Police do anything about it?".

That's why I am a huge supporter of "community policying": if people in a community thinks it is OK to punch policy officers, take their guns, rob a store for cigars, gently push the store clerks against the shelf, sell loose cigarettes on the street, or to kill other citizens in their neighborhood without being harassed by the officers, they should have that right and I am all for them.

On the flip side, the rest of us has the right to implement stop-and-frisk, no broken-windows, and uphold laws as the people in my community desires.

Most of the democracies in the "western world" have degenerated into tyranny (of majority) and are full of free riders that suck the life out of the producers. Over the last few decades, it has gotten to the point where it is increasing irreconcilable. So splitting up the countries by ideology is probably the only solution -> everyone will be happy, :)
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 11:06:30 pm »
That's why I am a huge supporter of "community policying": if people in a community thinks it is OK to punch policy officers, take their guns, rob a store for cigars, gently push the store clerks against the shelf, sell loose cigarettes on the street, or to kill other citizens in their neighborhood without being harassed by the officers, they should have that right and I am all for them.

I don't know if you were directly referring to something like the Ferguson case, but you're essentially saying its ok that a group of people can go around destroying other's businesses and homes, because there are more of them than there are of those against? (Bear in mind, most of the rioters came from out of Ferguson  as opportunists. Much fewer were from Ferguson itself.)

Because if you are, that's really stupid.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 12:41:32 am »
[I don't know if you were directly referring to something like the Ferguson case, but you're essentially saying its ok that a group of people can go around destroying other's businesses and homes, because there are more of them than there are of those against? (Bear in mind, most of the rioters came from out of Ferguson  as opportunists. Much fewer were from Ferguson itself.)

That community cares more about people' skin color than maintaing law and order. Ferguson's chickens are coming home to roost.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2014, 01:02:41 am »

Stupidity is part of human rights.

If people want to shit where they eat, let them.

Look at what just happened in NYC today.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

n45048

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2014, 02:32:22 am »
Stupidity is part of human rights.

True. Unfortunately the stupid people are also allowed to vote, protest and in America, carry firearms.

I was devastated to hear two Police lost their lives today at the hands of a coward mad man. At least he had the decency to rid the world of himself in the process.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2014, 06:28:15 am »
There's an entertaining review of 2014 by David B. Collum: http://s3.amazonaws.com/cm-us-standard/documents/2014-Year-in-Review-Collum.pdf
( Introduced here: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-20/2014-year-review-part-1-final-throes-geopolitical-game-tetris )
The whole thing is worth reading, but relevant to discussion here is the section on Police Militarization.
Also this, from among the book reviews:
Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces by Radley Balko
This was, quite possibly, the most disturbing book I've ever read. I moved it to
the top of a huge list when Ferguson broke out. Balko documents the slow,
methodical militarization of the police force and the accompanying risk to our
civil liberties and liberty itself. It could have been hyperbolic, but it was not. I
had to complete it in small doses owing to relentless agitation, but it gets my
highest recommendation. It also dovetails nicely with Matt Taibbi's The Divide

A news-aggregator site focused on police excesses & related law issues: www.informationliberation.com

For instance, on pre-crime threat profiling:
Police Using Social Media Posts to Determine "Threat Score" of Suspects  posted 12/16/2014, 11:19 AM
[Category: Tyranny/Police State]
Police departments across the United States are now using a program that mines Internet comments and social media posts to determine the “threat score” of a suspect before cops arrive on the scene.
Reuters reports that law enforcement authorities have utilized an application called Beware since 2012 that takes just seconds to crawl billions of re...

Stuff like this underlies the push by Google and other Net majors, to force people to use real names on the net. So much easier to profile people.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2014, 09:43:13 am »

Yes, in a way I can agree, people can destroy their own neighbourhood and that's their problem when there is no employment or the businesses leave town... but it's also not OK to destroy other's property, and that's where law enforcement is necessary (although in this  case, apparently ineffective.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf