Author Topic: Hakko FX-888 soldering station discontinued  (Read 85073 times)

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
Re: Hakko FX-888 soldering station discontinued
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2014, 01:39:32 pm »
well, to be honest, I don't have the capability to know the fake ones from just the website. That is why I am asking here. I found an official distributor in UAE which is quite close, I sent him a message and I am currently waiting the response.

The problem here  in Jordan is the Customs tax they charge! so I will pay about 16% for any goods, plus another 30% tax... so I might be ending up with about 46% tax to receive the thing! Yes, I might not pay that much (cuz this is the extreme case if your luck ran out), negotiating with the Customs' employee might help...

Some people request the buyer to send a fake price tag, so if it is about 100$, I would ask him to make it about 60$ or so to lower the taxes...

^
for these reasons and more, we always seek to have free shipping ^_^. if it is 100$ price, 46$ taxes, and let's say it is about 44$ shipping ... this would end up being 190$ total price...

I wonder if this is the case for you? do you know a good buyer?

thanks

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2014, 11:03:37 am »
Really wonder if there is a single genuine hakko on aliexpress.

There are not. They are all 100% fake, no exceptions.

Some on aliexpress are genuine. I got mine there.

There's a thread somewhere where i compared it to someones genuine one and it was identical. Same holograhic sticker, same insides, same yellow box and box text. same case details, same everything. Even down to the fact that the yellow paint on the stand rubs off a bit, just like the genuine ones.
Even the iron tip it came with was packaged and labeled the same as the tips i get from RS.

Now. it may not be a "authorized" production run, but its definitely from the same factory and using the same parts..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:05:27 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline marcone

• Contributor
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2024, 08:33:47 am »
Time has come for the D variant to be discontinued as well, a DX model is out with a knob for temperature adjustment and digital temperature readout.

Pricing yet to be announced.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf